Is acer nitro 5 an515-44-r1fd 72% NTSC ?

assasain

Hi there, I recently bought acer nitro 5 AN515-44-r1fd. i do design stuff so wanna make sure is it 72% NTSC / 99% sRGB as said by seller, but i can't confirm it from acer's website. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

The intro page for the model mentions the 72% NTSC: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series/nitro5

Doesn't seem to be mentioned on the spec page for the particular model though.

Yeah that is what I'm saying. I can't find it on their website. But maybe cause it's not available for US. 

https://www.flipkart.com/acer-nitro-5-ryzen-7-octa-core-4800h-8-gb-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-windows-10-home-4-graphics-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-ti-144-hz-an515-44-r1fd-gaming-laptop/p/itm5b73314ffa51e

Here you can see in details they says it's 72%Ntsc. 

I have a benq 2700q and it's 100% srgb, and on comparing i can see there's a colour difference between two screens.

Just now, assasain said:

Yeah that is what I'm saying. I can't find it on their website. But maybe cause it's not available for US.

The link I posted is to Acer's US website. And it does mention 72% NTCS. As I said it's on the intro page for the model, just not the detail pages.

But I'm wondering if a gaming notebook that is more worried about pointing out 144 Hz is the best for color work. Is the screen even color calibrated and/or can you do that?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, assasain said:

https://www.flipkart.com/acer-nitro-5-ryzen-7-octa-core-4800h-8-gb-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-windows-10-home-4-graphics-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-ti-144-hz-an515-44-r1fd-gaming-laptop/p/itm5b73314ffa51e

Here you can see in details they says it's 72%Ntsc. 

I have a benq 2700q and it's 100% srgb, and on comparing i can see there's a colour difference between two screens.

One or both of your displays likely aren’t color calibrated. Coverage is great but means nothing if they come out of the factory with wonky calibration.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

8 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

One or both of your displays likely aren’t color calibrated. Coverage is great but means nothing if they come out of the factory with wonky calibration.

Benq 2700q is colour calibrated from factory, it came with results pamphlet. I think maybe color differed cause benq is 10 bit and acer has 8bit colour. 

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128