My Experience with Crucial Ballistix RBG 3200 MHz

I just wanted to post this somewhere in case someone finds themselves in the same situation as me one day.

Purchased the above ram and for some reason my MSI X570 a-pro dragon center/mystic light thought the rgb was crucial tatical, which lead to me not being able to control the rgb and it was on an annoying flash and dash setting and was out of sync with each other. Very annoying. I tried downloading crucials solution, but also did not work for some reason. I ended up trying to download rgb software for other mobo's and notices wuth aura sync the rgb was over ridden to a nice rainbow effect that slowly changed. So that was progress. when actually launching the program though it said it could not find any rgb elements. What ended up being my final solution was to download g.skills rgb solution which finally let me turn off the rgb (I got this ram because it was on sale for quite a bit lower than ususal not for rgb specifically). G.skill's software lets me set any static settings I want, but any moving presets are a little buggy. Hope this can help someone one day!

On also, for some reason a game I play that usually runs at 100-120 fps was locked to 50-60 after installing the ram. I re-installed graphics drivers and it is now sitting at 150+

ryzen 3600x

was ddr4 2666 ram 2x8 gb now ddr4 3200 ram 4x8gb (currently in the process of overclocking to 3600 and it looks good)

Good to know,especially the G.Skill part.

I am glad that i don't have RGB on my RAM,and it's a limited edition kit as well :D

This is the kit i have:

img.jpg

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

11 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Good to know,especially the G.Skill part.

I am glad that i don't have RGB on my RAM,and it's a limited edition kit as well :D

This is the kit i have:

I like pictures and screen shots :) got more?

56 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I like pictures and screen shots :) got more?

I am too lazy to take pictures but i can post a screenshot from CPU-Z and pictures from Micron/Crucial:

c1.jpg

c4.jpg

660427447_DesktopScreenshot2020_11.26-19_45_31_58.png.fa572ac2e337f7b1f40c415362b6a19c.png

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566