Software to Test USB 3 Cable Speeds?

DARK0717

Ive done my research but bear no fruit. The only thing closest to what I need is the Passmark loopback device which tests the bandwidth of a cable. So what I am trying to look for is a software that will basically measure the max speeds of my cable by plugging the cable into one port, and to another on the same pc. Is there such software?

My problem is I bought a USB 3.2 Gen1 Type A to C for an upcoming VR device. Tested it on an S10e (incl a C to C cable from Apple), if I insert the cable partially in where only the USB 2 pads touch, it works but if I insert it all the way through it gives me a device cannot be read or smth, forgot that pop up on windows. I tried using USBTreeView, the USB 3 was giving an error code of 28 and 48, i forgot which of the two are to the switch and to the phone. I soon found out that the phone caps at usb 2 using the Apple C to C cable, yes ive tried it on a different computer as well. I have a switch but it doesnt work at all. I do not have any other Type C device that can possibly measure transfer speeds or bandwidth of the cable so Im looking for a software solution.

1 minute ago, DARK0717 said:

that will basically measure the max speeds of my cable by plugging the cable into one port, and to another on the same pc. Is there such software?

Not possible, the USB-ports on a PC are host-ports, not device-ports. You can't make one port appear as a device and the other as a host, you need a separate hardware-solution.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Not possible, the USB-ports on a PC are host-ports, not device-ports. You can't make one port appear as a device and the other as a host, you need a separate hardware-solution.

I see, thank you very much. Are there any cheaper alternatives other than that passmark device

or possible a way to test each pin on the cable to see if everything is connected fine

4 minutes ago, DARK0717 said:

Are there any cheaper alternatives other than that passmark device

No idea, never had the need for such.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

7 minutes ago, DARK0717 said:

I see, thank you very much. Are there any cheaper alternatives other than that passmark device

One thing I thought of is that if you buy a cable that is rated for 100W power, it'll definitely also be good enough for maximum USB 3.2 gen 2x2 bandwidth.

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

One thing I thought of is that if you buy a cable that is rated for 100W power, it'll definitely also be good enough for maximum USB 3.2 gen 2x2 bandwidth.

I see, thank you