GN Video Broke My Kraken X52

Tommokelly

Ok, so after seeing the GN video on how NOT to mount your AIO radiator, I decided to re-top mount it after buying some new 140mm high pressure fans for the front.

Admittedly, everything was running somewhat fine beforehand, but now my PC will hardly boot due to high CPU temps.

Everything is plugged in as it should be. I can feel vibration in the pump, I see lights on the pump. All that's changed is the radiator orientation.

I probably had the side mount for a couple of years before changing it today.

Any ideas? 

1 minute ago, Tommokelly said:

Any ideas? 

Change it back if it was fine before.

1 minute ago, alabistyr said:

Change it back if it was fine before.

I should probably add, part of the reason for changing it was because I was getting high GPU temps in RDR2 and was hoping adding 2 140mm fans to the front would help this. Hence also why the top mount.

13 minutes ago, Tommokelly said:

I should probably add, part of the reason for changing it was because I was getting high GPU temps in RDR2 and was hoping adding 2 140mm fans to the front would help this. Hence also why the top mount.

Is there a temperature difference in each coolant hose coming and going to the CPU? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

UPDATE.

So I found so random YT video that sad just shake the radiator about OVER the pump for a bit, to remove any bubbles.. and my temps are sitting pretty at 26 with the top mount.

1 minute ago, Tommokelly said:

UPDATE.

So I found so random YT video that sad just shake the radiator about OVER the pump for a bit, to remove any bubbles.. and my temps are sitting pretty at 26 with the top mount.

Most likely an air bubble got caught in the pump, preventing circulation of the coolant. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"