Upgrading to a 3090. PSU question (and obviously fingers crossed that it fits at all)

Budget (including currency): Components purchased

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 4k gaming, Premiere video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): ASRock X570 Taichi, Ryzen R9 3900x, Gigabyte G750H PSU, 1x Samsung M.2 SSD, 1x Samsung SATA SSD, 1x 4TB 7200rpm HDD, 4x 8GB DDR4 3200, (currently) an ASUS Strix 2080ti.

So after following stock for roughly two weeks and failing to check out in time, I finally just got my hands on an MSI RTX 3090 Gaming-X-Trio (Link). It's one of the 3090s that uses 3x 8-pin (6+2pin) connectors.  The recommended PSU is 750w.  Coincidentally, I'm using a Gigabyte G750H Gold,  It only has two 8-pin PCIe outputs, but the cables that came with split in two, allowing SLI of two GPUs which each require two 8-pin connections. Right now, using only a single 2080ti, I'm using both cables to run to the GPU, and their split 8-pin connections are just dangling (well, zip-tied to keep it neat). 

The question is, can I use one of those two currently zip-tied connection as the third connection to the 3090?  From everything I'm reading, each of those 6+2 pin connections is rated to provide 150w of power, hence the split intending to power a second GPU.  In the case of this new card, I'd only have one 6+2pin dangling, and the other three should provide max 450w to the GPU (100w in excess of what it's max listed draw).  

Does anyone see an issue arising with this? Obviously, if necessary, I'll buy a more powerful PSU, but as replacing them involves more or less a full teardown and rebuild, I'd rather avoid it if the current setup is adequate.  As far as the card fitting, I've got a Lian Li O11 Dynamic which many websites say should fit the 3090, but given the sheer size of the thing I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks in advance,

-skabbo