Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What OS should I use for a cheap wish.com chinese knockoff?

My father made the mistake and bought a cheap huawei knockoff. The phone is dishonest. There is not way the specs it gives me on system info are legit and I don't trust it to put anything in there. Passwords, Accounts, SIM etc. So I decided to format it. What I thought would be simple at first since I have installed Linux on many PCs turns out to be complicated since most OS or custom ROMs need specific models to work. Is there a generic OS for smartphones? 

The knockoff phone should have an android, just use it.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

The knockoff phone should have an android, just use it.

It is dishonest though. It doesn't tell you the correct amount of disk space you have left and no way in hell it has 10 core processor. I don't trust the device to put passwords and connect it to my wifi.

So what if it's says 16cores or whatever? if it works it works, you can return it or sell it again.

No use of complaining. It's the risk of having something too cheap.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

25 minutes ago, Katarok said:

Is there a generic OS for smartphones?

No, there isn't.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

So what if it's says 16cores or whatever? if it works it works, you can return it or sell it again.

No use of complaining. It's the risk of having something too cheap.

I know, I wasn't the one who bought this my father made the mistake. I am trying to find out a way to make it worth. I will probably try to return it.