Girl's Pc build

PeachGr

so i am building a PC for a girl (9yo) and i  m not sure of what games to put there
I' m think of Rocket league cause it's free and will look amazing on the display that i ll have
Then i will use CEMU emulator for Nitendo games (breath of the wild) and i really need an opinion on that.
If anybody is using it please let me know if it's easy to install, use, buy games from there or if there are flaws and things to know

Honorable mention to the cutest Keyboard of the galaxy Logitech K380 (pink)
(LOOK AT THE ENTER KEY!!!)
Δεν υπάρχει διαθέσιμη περιγραφή.

Moved to PC Gaming. Please post in the correct section.

Stardew Valley.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 minutes ago, alabistyr said:

The SilverStone SG13P would be an ideal case.

Pc specs are complete and already bought, excpected to arrive soon, but the software is what i don't know.
I don't even know if i have to use parental things sicnce the parents are not into PC world

1 minute ago, PeachGr said:

I don't even know if i have to use parental things sicnce the parents are not into PC world

Windows has all that stuff configurable via settings. Just setup an admin account for the parents and give the girl her own user account.

Why is it important it's for a girl?

A gpu isn't bothered who is using it, and most games these days are pretty much unisex. 

You see girls playing CoD and Doom, and boys playing Animal Crossing and The Sims.

I use those as examples of games that were perceived at one time as being made, or targeted, more towards a specific group.

Anyway, good luck. 

13 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Why is it important it's for a girl?

A gpu isn't bothered who is using it, and most games these days are pretty much unisex. 

You see girls playing CoD and Doom, and boys playing Animal Crossing and The Sims.

I use those as examples of games that were perceived at one time as being made, or targeted, more towards a specific group.

Anyway, good luck. 

Dont focus on the "girl" but the 9 years old.
Also it's not mine, but of a friends, and i don't want her to go to her 9 yo princess to watch her kill demons on DOOM :D
I am a gamer since age of empires I
and i ve seen many gammers that are women, so there is no line in there
Thx for the suggestions of the games.

On 11/26/2020 at 12:08 PM, PeachGr said:

so i am building a PC for a girl (9yo) and i  m not sure of what games to put there
I' m think of Rocket league cause it's free and will look amazing on the display that i ll have
Then i will use CEMU emulator for Nitendo games (breath of the wild) and i really need an opinion on that.
If anybody is using it please let me know if it's easy to install, use, buy games from there or if there are flaws and things to know

Honorable mention to the cutest Keyboard of the galaxy Logitech K380 (pink)
(LOOK AT THE ENTER KEY!!!)
Δεν υπάρχει διαθέσιμη περιγραφή.

Software for girls is a bit um... 60's in approach...

Can try overwatch, it's fairly cheap. Don't approve of pirating BoTW though just buy a damn switch.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Software for girls is a bit um... 60's in approach...

Can try overwatch, it's fairly cheap. Don't approve of pirating BoTW though just buy a damn switch.

Money is not an issue, her family is loaded.
But i haven't try Cemu that is a Nitendo emulator and i wonder if there are things ot know about it.

18 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

then buy a switch ;)

49 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

then buy a switch ;)

out of point. Anyway it's not bad if you can't help more

1 minute ago, zhnu said:

You're asking for piracy. Arrrrgh

if i use the emulator, and buy games from it it's not piracy. I do this on Bluestacks for android and that is not a pirating software, and so isnt the nox (same use). Piracy is if i was to download a game without paying for it... haven't done that for ages

I think a hat in time might be child friendly. 

For a 9 year old, ghost of a tale is good. No bad language but more intense than a game for 5-7 year olds. 

Not that it's intense. 

I started playing halo at a young age but that's up to your significant other to approve haha. 

Game maker might be fun for her too. Practice logic with programming and stuff. 

I think cross code is child friendly. I played early Access and it was no swearing and stuff. 

Idk if furi might induce an early answer management problem it not. 

Nasa moonbase alpha. Free game by nasa. 

Spore. I think they changed our disabled the servers so it's like single player offline now or something. 

Shovel knight. Faster than light. 

I think some of the forza games are on pc. Everyone likes a driving game here or there. 

13 hours ago, PeachGr said:

But i haven't try Cemu that is a Nitendo emulator and i wonder if there are things ot know about it.

... what you might want to know is that it's really pretty difficult to get games legally on it, especially if you don't have a hacked Nintendo console... 

I'm not sure I'd want to introduce a 9 yo into that sort of stuff (and I don't mean the hacking, as that's perfectly fine and legal, you'd still need a wiiu in the first place though)

20201128_065508.jpg.e78ef376ce35b28cb64fcf1659aeb51b.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 hours ago, fpo said:

I think a hat in time might be child friendly. 

For a 9 year old, ghost of a tale is good. No bad language but more intense than a game for 5-7 year olds. 

Not that it's intense. 

I started playing halo at a young age but that's up to your significant other to approve haha. 

Game maker might be fun for her too. Practice logic with programming and stuff. 

I think cross code is child friendly. I played early Access and it was no swearing and stuff. 

Idk if furi might induce an early answer management problem it not. 

Nasa moonbase alpha. Free game by nasa. 

Spore. I think they changed our disabled the servers so it's like single player offline now or something. 

Shovel knight. Faster than light. 

I think some of the forza games are on pc. Everyone likes a driving game here or there. 

finaly someone helped :D

My daughter through the years (teen now) liked Sims a lot. Dressing up the sims before even starting the game kept her occupied for a very long time. Believe it or not she likes Skyrim. Halo because the cute little aliens and colorful blood splatters. Tycoon games are fun for kids. Roblox for sure.

4 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

My daughter through the years (teen now) liked Sims a lot. Dressing up the sims before even starting the game kept her occupied for a very long time. Believe it or not she likes Skyrim. Halo because the cute little aliens and colorful blood splatters. Tycoon games are fun for kids. Roblox for sure.

"back in my days" i was killing things on Gothic II and some on CSGO or whatever were the other shooting games of that time, i also played Left 4 dead and whatever, and i ended up a non violent adult.
But those days, i don't know. I guess parents are overprotective on that matter

16 hours ago, PeachGr said:

if i use the emulator, and buy games from it it's not piracy. I do this on Bluestacks for android and that is not a pirating software, and so isnt the nox (same use). Piracy is if i was to download a game without paying for it... haven't done that for ages

Still piracy, just buy a switch. Then it can actually be used, y’know, out and about too. 

4 hours ago, PeachGr said:

finaly someone helped :D

Talking about emulation on the forums here used to be considered piracy & the mention of the word would lock a thread. 

The community has very strong feelings against piracy.