Is the rtx 2060 worth it?

Snowi_

I'm currently running a gtx 1060 6gb which I got a while back and I recently upgraded my cpu to a Ryzen r5 3600. I'm in need of a new gpu as the 1060 is starting to run a bit slow for my liking but I don't have large amounts of money to spend. My friend offered me his 2060 in exchange for my 1060 and 100 euro in cash. Would this be worth it?

Check prices of the 1060 and the 2060 used in your area/country and see for yourself. It can be hard to say how good of a deal it is if we don't know how inflated the prices are. But generally speaking it's not that bad of a deal.

5 minutes ago, Snowi_ said:

I'm currently running a gtx 1060 6gb which I got a while back and I recently upgraded my cpu to a Ryzen r5 3600. I'm in need of a new gpu as the 1060 is starting to run a bit slow for my liking but I don't have large amounts of money to spend. My friend offered me his 2060 in exchange for my 1060 and 100 euro in cash. Would this be worth it?

Well, I have a 2060 and it is able to run everything i chuck at it.

I use a 1440p 144hz monitor too.

I guess it really depends on whether you are able to hold off, bide your time, try to save, and then get something that is a bigger leap in terms of performance. 

Right here right now, however, i suppose it's worth it purely because it is more powerful than what you have.

5 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Check prices of the 1060 and the 2060 used in your area/country and see for yourself. It can be hard to say how good of a deal it is if we don't know how inflated the prices are. But generally speaking it's not that bad of a deal.

the 1060 is like 200 euro and a 2060 is somewhere between 350 and 400 so i think it would be a decent deal

5 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Well, I have a 2060 and it is able to run everything i chuck at it.

I use a 1440p 144hz monitor too.

I guess it really depends on whether you are able to hold off, bide your time, try to save, and then get something that is a bigger leap in terms of performance. 

Right here right now, however, i suppose it's worth it purely because it is more powerful than what you have.

What kinda fps do you get in games? Looked at a few videos and it seems to perform just as well as a 1080

Seems like a decent deal to me.

I would go for it :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

30 minutes ago, Snowi_ said:

What kinda fps do you get in games? Looked at a few videos and it seems to perform just as well as a 1080

It depends on my settings really.

I run AC: Origins at 1440p with everything turned up to ultra or very high, save for fog and stuff, and i get 90ish as a base and about 70 in the really built up areas...so it's not too bad.

Fortnite, 1440, ultra settings(if you want to, some don't to maximise fps), I get a solid 144 which is the limit of my monitor, with no slowdown or huge drops.

(That's the biggest difference between my pc and ps4 pro)

Metro Exodus 1440, ultra on everything except RT, 90 to 70 depending on on screen action etc...

The Division is similar. 

These aren't all brand new or NASA supercomputer demanding games I know, but they are a decent selection of games from the last 3 to 4 years...however, can't speak to how stuff like Control or Crysis etc...will run.

But, Metro is used a lot in tests and it runs very nicely...so there's that.

Older games are obviously much easier, so stuff like Dead Space 2, Just Cause 3, Mafia 2, it's 200-250 fps plus...though my monitor is limited to 144hz refresh so I only get 144ish on screen (I believe?).

All of those new(ish) games will obviously have a really nice fps boost if you drop to 1080p, as 1440p demands a lot more from the CPU/GPU - doesn't it?

I've yet to find a game that is unplayable at high settings.

Your processor, RAM, will be different to mine I'd imagine (I'm using an i5 10400f and 16 gb RAM), so these numbers may not be that helpful to you.