I need your help to undertand if 750W PSU is enought to my system or if it's better to have a 850W PSU

Ulzgan
Go to solution Solved by seon123,

The Prime TX would be a downgrade from the HXi. Coil whine is harmless and is not any indication of a failing PSU, just annoying. Before even considering a new PSU, you could contact Corsair and see if they would still replace it, though.

Seasonic likes to cheap out on the fan and protections, so the Prime uses a crappy Hong Hua fan (in my desktop, that's the loudest part of the system at idle and under load), and it lacks multi rail OCP. The HXi has a decent fan, and it has configurable multi rail OCP. If you want to get custom cables, there would also be more options available for the HXi.

Hello Everyone,

Since I installed my 3090 on my system, the coil wine of my Corsair HX850i Full Modular is getting worse by the day...

So, I'm afraid that my PSU will not last long :)

Due to this, I wanted to ask your help to undertand if I really need a 850W PSU or if 750W PSU is enough for my Setup.

From review that I saw Seasonic PRIME TX 750W Titanium Full Modular is amazing, but I don't know if 750W will be safe.

My Setup:

ASUS x570 strix e-gaming

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x - Stock

MSI 3090 gaming x trio - Stock

32Gb 3200Mhz

1 HDD Sata 7200rpm

2 SSD Sata

2 SSD M.2 2280

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Ulzgan said:

Hello Everyone,

Since I installed my 3090 on my system, the coil wine of my Corsair HX850i Full Modular is getting worse by the day...

Due to this, I wanted to ask your help to undertand if I really need a 850W PSU or if 750W PSU is enough for my Setup.

From review that I saw Seasonic PRIME TX 750W Titanium Full Modular is amazing, but I don't know if 750W will be safe.

My Setup:

ASUS x570 strix e-gaming

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x - Stock

MSI 3090 gaming x trio - Stock

32Gb 3200Mhz

1 HDD Sata 7200rpm

2 SSD Sata

2 SSD M.2 2280

Thank you.

i am prety sure that a 3090 will need at least 800 w but i would go higher than that because it will help with stability  and future profing  

The Prime TX would be a downgrade from the HXi. Coil whine is harmless and is not any indication of a failing PSU, just annoying. Before even considering a new PSU, you could contact Corsair and see if they would still replace it, though.

Seasonic likes to cheap out on the fan and protections, so the Prime uses a crappy Hong Hua fan (in my desktop, that's the loudest part of the system at idle and under load), and it lacks multi rail OCP. The HXi has a decent fan, and it has configurable multi rail OCP. If you want to get custom cables, there would also be more options available for the HXi.

:)

14 minutes ago, seon123 said:

I didn't know that, thank you for your feedback.

7 hours ago, Ulzgan said:

Hello Everyone,

Coil whine is not an indication of potential failure.

It simply means that all of those components that have been vibrating all along are vibrating within an audible frequency range.