My current rig bottle necked?

ALB112

Hello, so with my current build:

CPU: i5 8400

Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C and I added 2 Noctua NF-A14 140mm fans in the front for intake and the stock fan that comes with the case at the top for exhaust and the rear fan for exhaust.

PSU: Corsair 650 CS ( about 5 years old now)

GPU: Nvidia 3080 EVGA

Mobo: GIGABYTE B360 HD3

Ram: 2x8 Corsair Vengence 2666Mhz 16gb total

4 monitors: 1 27inch 1440p 144hz. 1 27inch 1080p 60hz, 1 24inch 1080p 60hz and 1 21inch 1080p 60hz

So last night I played Spell break and my CPU on task manager was hitting 100% and was dependent on what I was doing in the game. For example when I wasnt fighting someone the CPU would be 80 - 90 % but during its 100% obviously. So my question is, is my CPU bottle necking my GPU for this to happen? Also is it harmful for my CPU to be hitting 100% and the rest of my system.

well yeah you are hitting a cpu bottleneck 

5 minutes ago, ALB112 said:

Also is it harmful for my CPU to be hitting 100% and the rest of my system.

if temps are low no its not harmful

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

2 minutes ago, ALB112 said:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C and I added 2 Noctua NF-A14 140mm fans in the front for intake and the stock fan that comes with the case at the top for exhaust and the rear fan for exhaust.

4 monitors: 1 27inch 1440p 144hz. 1 27inch 1080p 60hz, 1 24inch 1080p 60hz and 1 21inch 1080p 60hz

So last night I played Spell break and my CPU on task manager was hitting 100% and was dependent on what I was doing in the game. For example when I wasnt fighting someone the CPU would be 80 - 90 % but during its 100% obviously. So my question is, is my CPU bottle necking my GPU for this to happen? Also is it harmful for my CPU to be hitting 100% and the rest of my system.

yes. 6 cores 6 threads is a huge bottleneck, especially at 1080p, upgrade to at least 6 cores 12 threads, maybe even 8 core 16 thread

Does the PSU even have enough pcie power connector for that card???

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

it's not harmful but what it means is that you're not getting out of that gpu what you paid for, if it's only working at 50% or so because the cpu is at 100%.

every system has a bottleneck. it's just a matter of which games it appears in.

if you're reaching the frame rate targets you want at settings you like then it doesn't matter.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, ALB112 said:

Well invest in a better cpu or overclock you current one, 

29 minutes ago, Totality said:

Well invest in a better cpu or overclock you current one, 

He cannot overclock his CPU..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, boggy77 said:

it's not harmful but what it means is that you're not getting out of that gpu what you paid for, if it's only working at 50% or so because the cpu is at 100%.

So if my cpu is hitting 100% it’s okay though?

I already have ordered upgrades for my rig bc of the 3080 I’m getting a 5800x and I’m sure that will definitely make my GPU happy, but my consent is it okay to keep playing games with my current system and it won’t harm my cpu to much?

Just now, ALB112 said:

So if my cpu is hitting 100% it’s okay though?

I already have ordered upgrades for my rig bc of the 3080 I’m getting a 5800x and I’m sure that will definitely make my GPU happy, but my consent is it okay to keep playing games with my current system and it won’t harm my cpu to much?

yes, it's ok. as long as you keep an eye on cpu temperatures and they don't reach dangerous levels (90C+),, it's fine/

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yes, it's ok. as long as you keep an eye on cpu temperatures and they don't reach dangerous levels (90C+),, it's fine/

Yea when I was playing Spell Break my cpu was hitting 50 C ish. But I even when I play the new COD Cold War at max the cpu hits 60ish.