Need help with steam refund policy

weeblord
Go to solution Solved by Coolmaster,

If it sets off any alarms they'll probably have someone manually review your account, and since you're a real person they'll realize you just are indecisive, unless you have something else sketch on your account. 

I've been searching online and I can't seem to find any good advice about it, but does anyone know if attempting 3 refunds in a week or so's span will set off the suspicion alarms? I've already attempted 2, 1 denied, 1 went through. I just don't want to tip off their warning systems in case that marks me as suspicious and/or a fraud.

In case anyone was wondering, here are the reasons and the games attempted to refund.

1. Nekopara Vol.1 (played 8mins, owned since July 1st) reason: grew out of weeb phase (denied because owned for too long)

2.Jackbox Party Pack 2 (played 1.8 hours, owned since yesterday) reason: sale went on today and just wanted to save some money (accepted)

And I was going to refund Titanfall 2 (26 minutes played, owned since yesterday) while I'm at it since it's not as exciting as I remember it being on console, but I'm not so sure anymore. I apologize if this seems like a stupid question. Thanks in advance!

My Build (5800X3D, RTX 3070)

disclaimer: i probably don't know what I'm talking about but I try to give the best advice I can

I doubt they will flag it. I'm pretty sure its mostly automatic, and only if you contest their decision it will get flagged. Like with those games which have major flaws on launch, you get full 2h playtime without actually being able to play and such.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you have played less than 2 hours within 14 Days, steam will usually refund it no questions asked. If you are approaching the 2 hr mark or 14 day period and requesting refunds multiple times a month, then you can be flagged as a potential system abuser. In this case one of 2 things usually happen. Either you are temporarily banned from using the Refund System or you are limited to refunding to your steam wallet. An exception to this rule is steam sales. If you purchase a Game and request a refund within the allotted time period and immediately re-purchase it while it is on sale, they don't count it against you.

Your first request was denied for falling outside of its allocated refund period, it wont count against you.

If you immediately re-purchased the second title, it also wont count against you.

In other words, you are fine to request a refund.