Mini-ITX for my brother (1080p gaming)

JaySDelta

Hey guys, I´m planning to build a mini ITX for my brother, he already owns 1 thing:

- LG 31.5" 32GN550-B FHD VA 165Hz (Monitor)

He plays on 1080p, so he already has keyboard, mouse, sound system

It was purpose by some store this:

- Mini-ITX Kolink Rocket Heavy

- Fractal Design Ion SFX-L 650W Gold Full Modular

- Intel Core i7 10700 8-Core

- Cooler CPU be quiet! Shadow Rock LP

- Mini-ITX MSI MPG B460I Gaming Edge WiFi

- G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL15

- GPU XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB THICC III Ultra

HDD he already owns a NVMe (2TB)

There is no stock for any RTX or Rx.... so in therms of GPUs Im very limited :S

Country is Portugal and the price tag for this is around 1400€ (1660$)

What should I change?

Aditional info: He plays GTA V, Warzone and so...

My country is Portugal...

Im not sure if there any incompatiblity stuff so ye if u thing Im wrong, plz just help!

Thanks

Stay safe!

I doubt he'll need a powerful CPU? I mean I have a 7700k and it still runs great for modern titles. Seem usage around 50-70 and temps at 43-50c. I'd go water-cooling with the extra money if you can. This could mean your brother will play with a water-cooling loop on his CPU which makes the temps low and he can probably overclock to 4.8-5.0GHz. GPUs are a little hard to get these days, the RTX 2000 series stocks should be back soon and should be enough. I hope this could help you out.

consider going AMD.

you can try to emulate that one build Linus did just not so small. (that wierd velcase or something build)

and also consider going with 16 series nvidia.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

1 minute ago, Connor C. said:

I doubt he'll need a powerful CPU? I mean I have a 7700k and it still runs great for modern titles. Seem usage around 50-70 and temps at 43-50c. I'd go water-cooling with the extra money if you can. This could mean your brother will play with a water-cooling loop on his CPU which makes the temps low and he can probably overclock to 4.8-5.0GHz. GPUs are a little hard to get these days, the RTX 2000 series stocks should be back soon and should be enough. I hope this could help you out.

The 10700 is mostly fine for playing at 165Hz at 1080.

AIO water cooling is worse at cooling than a traditional tower cooler. Unless you really like the look of water cooling there's no real point in doing it.

And that CPU and motherboard can't overclock and the 10700 boosts to 4.8GHz at stock anyways.

3 hours ago, eeeee1 said:

consider going AMD.

you can try to emulate that one build Linus did just not so small. (that wierd velcase or something build)

and also consider going with 16 series nvidia.

AMD is still behind on gaming. i7 smashes the R5 and R7 and the prices of a R7 are higher. 

Sure that I wish I could find a Nvidia card but we are out of stock for at least 2 months because of coronavirus. 

I'm literally only have a 5700XT on the marked even the used ones are out of stock. 

I never saw a GPU end that quick like the new Nvidia and AMD Gen. Never... Even the new AMD CPUs are out of stock without any news of replacing it. 

My country is a damn failure 

12 hours ago, JaySDelta said:

AMD is still behind on gaming. i7 smashes the R5 and R7 and the prices of a R7 are higher. 

The 3600 has basically the same gaming performance as the 10700 you picked. I don't know the pricing in your country, but the 3600 is usually considerably cheaper.