Is an OLED TV a good option for me?

TheBahrbarian

I was looking at getting a new TV for our family room, and I recently got a basic $500 Sony 4k to use. When I was looking at display models, most of the standard 65" LED offerings (ranging from $500 to $1000) for the most part looked the same to me. Some with HDR definitely had better color but overall I definitely could not justify the extra price for my use. There were some of the newest LG OLEDs on display and well those, frankly, blew me away. The picture was really impressive, but at first I definitely wasn't considering them because of their crazy prices. However, I've spotted some good deals on a few models, if I drop down to 55" from 65", and was wondering if it might be worth the jump. 

This TV would be mounted on a wall in a family room that has a really big window, so I don't want it to get washed out by light easily. Are OLEDs pretty good for this? It will mostly be used for watching TV and movies, little to no gaming (especially not on my PC). Although the displays looked impressive in store, will I really see an improvement for my use case? 

And lastly, do you have any suggestions for specific models? They vary wildly in price, but I really wouldn't consider much more than $1200. I've seen as cheap as the 55" Vizio OLED from Best Buy for $899 right now (some reports of image retention issues on this model?). As well as decent deals on LG's models. LG's CX 55" is available for $1,349, or their older BX OLED is available on Amazon for $1,196. What's the difference between the CX and the BX? I heard some complaints about an auto dimming feature on the BX model, possibly for burn in protection, but it sounds annoying. Just trying to get an idea if these budget OLEDs are worth the price or I should just stick with a standard LED for my budget/use.