RAM RMA for blown capacitor

I'm looking to see if anyone has had similar experiences with RMA'ing RAM or other components due to blown capacitors. Recently one of my 2 16GB modules (G.Skill 2x16 GB modules) had a blown capacitor which resulted in random and constant blue screen crashes. I'm preparing to send the modules but I noticed on their (G.Skill's) RMA confirmation form that warranty is voided by "physical damage". This both worries and frustrates me because while one of the modules is technically "damaged", it is only due to a faulty capacitor that there was damage.

Picture of the capacitor in the spoiler.

Spoiler

505002044_ramcapacitorleak.thumb.png.aa8788b6e1e6fb8bf6f50f711dfd8115.png

So I'm wondering if G.Skill will try to wriggle their way out of shipping me replacement modules because of their own faulty product? Thanks.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

5 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

They will replace it if it has a defect that was caused by an error in manufacturing. Unless you did something to cause that capacitor to blow it should be under warranty.

Thanks for your reply, that's reassuring. I'm sure I didn't do anything that caused the damage. I never set the voltage to anything beyond 1.35V (XMP spec) and stuck to the XMP profile with some timing tightening.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

Just now, Just Monika said:

Thanks for your reply, that's reassuring. I'm sure I didn't do anything that caused the damage. I never set the voltage to anything beyond 1.35V (XMP spec) and stuck to the XMP profile with some timing tightening.

You might not want to mention that you overclocked your RAM to the manufacturer. Usually overclocking voids your warranty, but they have no real way to know unless you tell them.