Dell Latitude E6440 Motherboard/Power on issues

Greetings new to the forums hopefully I can find someone here to assist.

I recently bought a new motherboard for my partners E6440 as the previous had failed, I ordered one from ali express this mobo has the amd gpu integrated.

I got everything sorted out and turned it on it powered on fan and all for 3 - 4 seconds and I get a solid LED on the HDD and this blinking sequence on the battery LED.

https://youtu.be/_rgeQv4F-hc

I've removed everything bar the CPU and It still occurs tried with and without the battery still keeps happening with the AC adaptor I have when its connected the battery LED doesn't come on for charging but it can still turn on for the 3 to 4 seconds and repeats the above blinking sequence. 

Any help solving the issue would be very much appreciated.

Battery status lights

If the computer is connected to an electrical outlet, the battery light operates as follows:

Alternately blinking amber light and white light

An unauthenticated or unsupported non-Dell AC adapter is attached to your laptop. Re-plug battery connector, replace battery if the issue reoccurs.

Alternately blinking amber light with steady white light

Temporary battery failure with AC adapter present. Re-plug battery connector, replace battery if the issue reoccurs.

Constantly blinking amber light

Fatal battery failure with AC adapter present. Fetal battery, replace the battery.

Light off

Battery in full charge mode with AC adapter present.

White light on

Battery in charge mode with AC adapter present.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/latitude-e6440-laptop/late6440_om/battery-status-lights?guid=guid-b7187258-116a-4cf7-8b00-704729aa7883&lang=en-us

10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

"An unauthenticated or unsupported non-Dell AC adapter is attached to your laptop. Re-plug battery connector, replace battery if the issue reoccurs." 

The AC adaptor is a OG dell one and it's 65w and would the battery need replaced as well again an OG dell part?

1 hour ago, CommanderTurk said:

"An unauthenticated or unsupported non-Dell AC adapter is attached to your laptop. Re-plug battery connector, replace battery if the issue reoccurs." 

The AC adaptor is a OG dell one and it's 65w and would the battery need replaced as well again an OG dell part?

Battery first I think it saying. Bad battery while adapter present. 

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Battery first I think it saying. Bad battery while adapter present. 

I did it without the battery also it still does the same thing.

10 minutes ago, CommanderTurk said:

I did it without the battery also it still does the same thing.

I think it means to replace the battery entirely with a new one. 

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I think it means to replace the battery entirely with a new one. 

It should work without the battery with just the AC adaptor but it doesn't it still gives me the blinking LED and turns off after 4 seconds.

4 minutes ago, CommanderTurk said:

It should work without the battery with just the AC adaptor but it doesn't it still gives me the blinking LED and turns off after 4 seconds.

Not sure without other parts to test with. 

Try a different adapter or a different battery or both. That's all I can think of given the diagnostics Dell provides.

7 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Try a different adapter or a different battery or both. That's all I can think of given the diagnostics Dell provides.

I have purchased a 90w ac adaptor for this as it states it requires one for the amd gpu that's integrated into the board for it to power it, I'll report back whatever the out come is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 12:40 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

Ok the 90w charger arrived annnd its still downing the same thing wven with the battery out.

1 minute ago, CommanderTurk said:

Ok the 90w charger arrived annnd its still downing the same thing wven with the battery out.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure what to do. The manual is very brief about diag. 

Perhaps a phone call to Dell, maybe they have a technician that can help you diag the issue?

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

At this point, I'm not entirely sure what to do. The manual is very brief about diag. 

Perhaps a phone call to Dell, maybe they have a technician that can help you diag the issue?

I checked the voltage in the adaptor that was sent it comes out to 76watts not 90watts 😒

1 hour ago, CommanderTurk said:

I checked the voltage in the adaptor that was sent it comes out to 76watts not 90watts 😒

Yeah, that's not good...