Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fan setup

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
42 minutes ago, Britishblue said:

Thanks, I didn't think about this. While i wait for order would 2 being molex be fine?

Yes, it would just run at max rpm which may be noisy. 

I have bought a new case for my pc as my old one is too small and It has 6 fans. My motherboard supports 4 fans so I could only use four. Could I have 2 of them on molex and the other 4 connected to my motherboard or should I just not have them. They're ones near the top of the case which some cases dont even have.

2 minutes ago, Britishblue said:

My motherboard supports 4 fans so I could only use four. Could I have 2 of them on molex and the other 4 connected to my motherboard or should I just not have them. 

Yes you can connect them with molex, but they will run at full speeds at all times.

I would rather suggest a simple fan splitter. Either going from one connector to two fans (and get two of those) or get a one to three splitter.

Examples:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-Way-Splitter/dp/B07PXLHNZ6/ (3 to 1)

You actually only need one of those, or two (2 to 1) splitters, but just checking Amazon US it seems like those are mostly unavailable (but that may be because of my location)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

4 minutes ago, Britishblue said:

Btw sorry i sound like an idiot probably

Buy a Fan splitter with a molex connector like this one Amazon.com: Regional Jet Pin Molex auf 4 x 3/Pin PC Fall Fan Ärmeln Adapter Kabel: Computers & Accessories

Any Help is appricated! Please correct me if I´m wrong!

Sorry for grammer/spelling mistakes, but english is not my native language (it´s german in case you were curious) *expand to see builds*

Primary PC: *planned* CPU: AMD 5600X / 5800X | GPU: 3070ti (When released) | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 2X16 = 32GB @ 3600MHZ DDR4 | MOBO: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280 (Planning for custom watercooling in spring 2021 after I bought the GPU) | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD | SDD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB |

Everything thats not colourful I haven't bought yet.

Secondary PC: CPU:  INTEL Q8200S @ 2.33Ghz | GPU: GTX 750 ti / 760 | RAM: 4X2 = 8GB @ 800MHZ DDR2 OCZ Platinum | MOBO: ASUS P5E-VM SE | COOLER: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 280* | CASE: DEEPCOOL Matrexx 55 V3 ADD-RGB* | PSU: CORSAIR RM850 2019 80+ GOLD* | SSD: CRUCIAL MX500 250GB* 

Everything marked with * is what I bought for the Primary PC and I'm just using it until I get all the parts.

System specs?

If the case isn't very restrictive, a decent intake fan and exhaust fan are often ample for airflow. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, minibois said:

Yes you can connect them with molex, but they will run at full speeds at all times.

I would rather suggest a simple fan splitter. Either going from one connector to two fans (and get two of those) or get a one to three splitter.

Examples:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-2-Pack-Way-Splitter/dp/B07PXLHNZ6/ (3 to 1)

You actually only need one of those, or two (2 to 1) splitters, but just checking Amazon US it seems like those are mostly unavailable (but that may be because of my location)

Thanks, I didn't think about this. While i wait for order would 2 being molex be fine?

42 minutes ago, Britishblue said:

Yes, it would just run at max rpm which may be noisy. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.