Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How are these temp's? Too High too low.. Air Cooling.

Thanks for the reply.  I was watching a YouTube video... this is my first AMD build for some time, did it back in May....  What should the temps be?   The Screen grab is from corsair iCUE 

2 minutes ago, RamblingGeekUK said:

Thanks for the reply.  I was watching a YouTube video... this is my first AMD build for some time, did it back in May....  What should the temps be?   The Screen grab is from corsair iCUE 

try to use hwinfo 64. the idle temps are a bit spiky with ryzen, but i wouldn't expect them to spike over 60 in idle. under load, ideally they would be under 85 on stock cooler and under 75 on a good cooler. not sure what cooler you have. rest of the temps look fine

🙂 Yeah temps are normally around 60, when I have looked in the past.  I was just doing that.  I'm using the Noctua NH-U12S  cooler.     
image.png.4393a6052ad3578984ab89f3fb6c9e2c.png

Edited by RamblingGeekUK
2 hours ago, RamblingGeekUK said:

All I am doing right now, is sitting here on the forms and a few apps open for work. 

If the cpu is boosting, it's not idle and temps may be fairly normal if fan speeds are low. If you want to test for idle temps, make sure apps are closed and not running in the background. 

What are load temps? A stress test like OCCT would work. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.