Is there any performance difference between X570 and B550 when you only use it for gaming?

So lets say that you have a RTX 3080 and a 5600 X. Will there be any differnce in performance when using this setup for gaming. 

X570 vs B550 vs B450 Motherboards - Which is Best for Ryzen 3000XT?

Here you see that the general purpose lanes and CPU chipset uplink has PCIe gen 4 on the X570 but not on the B550. 

I do not know what general purpose lanes or CPU chipset uplink are or what they do.

But what i do know is that AMD RYZEN 5600X and RTX 3080 support PCIe gen 4 which X570 has. 

So does PCIe 4 on the general purpose lanes and CPU chipset uplink provide a performance difference in this scenario?

What kind of perfromance difference latency, fps or shorter loading time? 

I have a hard time beleving it does not have a performance difference because then the conversation would not even exist of which is the better motherboard for gaming. Because the B550 does not require a fan and has way better VRMS which gives it better OC potenial. 

Thx for all the help :)

Should be a marginal difference unless you are an overclocker who buys high-end hardware

They will perform the same for gaming, ignoring the quality of the boards.

Only if you need a lot of high speed storage or USB ports does going X570 matter. Or if you want the absolute best board, then X570 has super high end boards.

4 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

They will perform the same for gaming, ignoring the quality of the boards.

Only if you need a lot of high speed storage or USB ports does going X570 matter. Or if you want the absolute best board, then X570 has super high end boards.

By guessing using your answer the CPU chipset uplink is the lane where the information from your hardware disk and ssd travels to your CPU. 

I am probably wrong. In this case what does the CPU chipset uplink do? 

2 minutes ago, Question mark?? said:

By guessing using your answer the CPU chipset uplink is the lane where the information from your hardware disk and ssd travels to your CPU. 

I am probably wrong. In this case what does the CPU chipset uplink do? 

The Chipset uplink is what connects your CPU to the rest of your system. Except the GPU PCIe slot, and the first M.2 slot. So having a faster chipset uplink will allow more bandwidth for other PCIe slots and M.2 slots but so far PCIe gen4 doesn't matter on GPUs and gen4 NVMe SSDs are very expensive and currently don't make a difference for gaming over other SSDs.

yep, the only difference between x570 and b550 is more (and faster) storage devices.

if you're fine with 2 nvme drives (pcie 4) and 6 sata drives, you don't need x570

• 5 months later...

Both chipsets come with PCIe 4.0 and a 3.2 USB port. If you are looking only for gaming then there is a little difference between them. Because X570 has more ports than B550.  But if you are looking for a gaming motherboard for Ryzen series then must check https://whitemotherboard.com/the-best-motherboard-for-ryzen-5-3600/