Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question about Power supply (RTX 3080 3 x 8 pin connector)

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello fellow friends of the community 

my question is somehow stupid but it would be appreciated if you could answer it 

I have build my Rig years ago and it still works great ... but i want an upgrade . 

the new RTX 3080 is exactly what i need to replace my old 1080 but it has as i see it e 8 pin connectors 

I plan to use this power supply EVGA 850 BQ 110-BQ-0850-V1 80+ BRONZE 850W 

But i dont know if the power supplies come with enough connections or if i have to buy a extra PCI-E cable with it. 

also if you have recommendations about a different PSU please feel free to let me know. 

Thank you for your Time 

check for 6 pin power connectors. they should have a 2 pin attached to them, and if they do, you should be able to daisy chain your gpu. i use my 2060 like this with a 6 and 2 pin into an 8 pin and it has enough power. just try not to overclock too much and you should be ok.

5 minutes ago, cmark645 said:

check for 6 pin power connectors. they should have a 2 pin attached to them, and if they do, you should be able to daisy chain your gpu. i use my 2060 like this with a 6 and 2 pin into an 8 pin and it has enough power. just try not to overclock too much and you should be ok.

Thank you 

but i dont know if this is the answer i was looking for 

i know that the PSU has this PCI-E 6+2 cables 
the question is for me if they have enough of them to install all 3 8 (6+2) Pin connectors or if i have to buy one or two cable additionally :)

Thank you 

thats the kind of answer i was looking for. 

I see that most PSU over 750 Watt  (modular) have 4 PCI-E  outputs 

is it better to use a splitter like u showed or a separate  PCI-E to 8Pin cable ? 

basically i don*t want the RTX to get too less power. 

your graphics card should have sufficient power if you use the splitter. i read the amazon reviews and someone powered a 2080 ti with it so you should be good.

Perfect 

i found a solution

Modular power Supplies like EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W, Fully Modular,  come already with 4 cables...

so i will use one of them. 

thank you