Noob in need of help: How to add new drive into a Tiered Mirrored Storage Space on Windows 10, and then extend the storage pool?

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

You can just extent the storage space via powershell, using add-physicaldisk

THen you just make the virtual disk bigger, but making the slow tier bigger.

Then expand the partition.

But really make a backup, there are lots of things that can kill all the data in the pool

I made a tiered & mirrored storage space with the powershell method on w10 pro x64 some time ago, but I just got a new 8tb wd red drive for cheap as a black friday deal. I have 3 vms running and all are storing crucial data that I can't lose, totalling 28TB, and its way too large to backup as i don't even have any drives totalling that size.

I really want to add in this new 8tb drive into my setup, but i'm not sure if I should do it via the GUI, since I created the storage space via powershell, I assume i'll have to do it via powershell?

I tried googling but did not find much help, I was wondering if anyone has a guide handy on how to add a new drive, and then extend the storage space capacity of a tiered mirrored storage space in powershell?

after doing this aswell, I will need to resize the size of my virtual hard disk, which I assume will be the most difficult, because I made it with VHDxtool (making it direct using hyperv takes way too long, takes days/weeks to just make a 20tb volume).

any help is appreciated :) thank you very much

You can just extent the storage space via powershell, using add-physicaldisk

THen you just make the virtual disk bigger, but making the slow tier bigger.

Then expand the partition.

But really make a backup, there are lots of things that can kill all the data in the pool