windows won't install on new pc

Timinator__

I just got all the parts and built my pc and got windows onto a thumb drive and everything was going fine till it asked what drive I wanted to install windows too and it would just keep cancelling the installations and then unless I kept re formatting it to GPT every time it would say it couldn't create a partition ive been working on this for 4 hours please help

1222572178_IMG_69712.JPG

Edited by Timinator__

24 minutes ago, Timinator__ said:

I just got all the parts and built my pc and got windows onto a thumb drive and everything was going fine till it asked what drive I wanted to install windows too and it would just keep cancelling the installations and then unless I kept re formatting it to GPT every time it would say it couldn't create a partition ive been working on this for 4 hours please help

1222572178_IMG_69712.JPG

did you use the software to install it from Microsoft?

Did you answer any prompts and if you did what were they?

Specs?

Also welcome to the forum!

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

I used the iso link from Microsoft I got the free edition but now that im looking at it says I would need a liscense for it to work I thought you could get a free version of windows with no problems but that might be it

f10 for command prompt, type diskpart. then type select disk 0 after it starts, then type clean. after that, type convert mbr and restart the installation.

Pull everything out thats not importand to the install. Just have the pc, the usb stick and the drive youre installing on to. Disconect any drive thats not needed for the install.

I had this issue a few months ago and that ^^^ is what fixed it for me.

after a few hours I figured it out turns out I just needed to install the OS onto the USB Drive again because something went wrong the first time without me knowing thanks for the help