ASRock Rack ROMED4ID-2T Deep-ITX (SFF AMD EYPC Server Board)

ASRock Rack has a new motherboard on the way that you might find interesting, the ROMED4ID-2T. It's basically a motherboard that uses a new form factor, Deep-ITX and can house an AMD EYPC 7002 processor. It's quite significant as it's one of the smallest EYPC 7002 motherboard that has appeared on the market. Want 64 cores and 128 threads on a tiny board? This is for you. Plus there are a load of Slim SAS SFF-8654 PCIE 4.0 x8 ports on it for expansion. The rear IO is terrible, but this is a server board. There is an M.2 2280 PCIE 4 slot on it however, so that might be a way of adding some USB ports or even intergrated WIFI if you find an M-Key to E-Key convertor.

Here's the current details on the board via ASRock Rack's website: https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=ROMED4ID-2T#Specifications

Should make for some rather bonkers builds.

Love ASRock's wacky experiments.

Hate that you can hardly ever find them in stock.

But it is truly wasting potential of epyc, the ram, everything, This is to be paired with a 7002 epyc that has the fewest amount of cores, because what is the point

3 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

But it is truly wasting potential of epyc, the ram, everything, This is to be paired with a 7002 epyc that has the fewest amount of cores, because what is the point

I find it perfect for a small factor rendering PC.

Just now, Franck said:

I find it perfect for a small factor rendering PC.

well I see your point, but the thread ripper is better than that, I wish they made smaller trx40 boards

* Thread moved to the CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory section ; this isn't Tech News *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

well I see your point, but the thread ripper is better than that, I wish they made smaller trx40 boards

Threadripper is fine but price wise and stability wise not sure. TRX40 aren't cheap. We bought 2 of them back in January when stock came back with the 32 core variants and it was quite pricey. IIRC the boards we paid around 900$ and about 2300$ the chip each. CPU price seems in line core per core if we look at "possible pricing" so board will the the determining factor and the fact it support maybe up to 1 terabyte ram which we cannot have on TRX40, we were unfortunately stuck at 256 gb which honestly isn't enough for our render quite often.

2 minutes ago, Franck said:

Threadripper is fine but price wise and stability wise not sure. TRX40 aren't cheap. We bought 2 of them back in January when stock came back with the 32 core variants and it was quite pricey. IIRC the boards we paid around 900$ and about 2300$ the chip each. CPU price seems in line core per core if we look at "possible pricing" so board will the the determining factor and the fact it support maybe up to 1 terabyte ram which we cannot have on TRX40, we were unfortunately stuck at 256 gb which honestly isn't enough for our render quite often.

you have a point in pricing, but who needs more than 256gb ram

33 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

you have a point in pricing, but who needs more than 256gb ram

People with large 3d models to render. I have for example a Solidworks model that i needed 128 gb ram just to open a small part of the full assembly. When you render you need all of it.

Just now, Franck said:

People with large 3d models to render. I have for example a Solidworks model that i needed 128 gb ram just to open a small part of the full assembly. When you render you need all of it.

wow, well then, the 128gb ram modules from hynix do have a point

There is a new Dan case in the works as well, the C4-SFX, which will have Deep-ITX support specifically for this motherboard. It's about 12 litres in size.

64C/128T Epyc, AsRock ROMED4ID-2T & RTX 3080 in 12L

c4-sfx_white_v1.394k5k48.png

c4-sfx_white_v1.393uhj2k.png

c4-sfx_white_v1.392brkjd.png

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know when/where the motherboard is available?

Even Asus does not have it listed (at least I could not find it...)