Xbox 60FPS is MUCH smoother than my PC's 60FPS. Help!

I play all my systems on a 144Hz (1ms) monitor. When games run at 144FPS on my PC, it's incredibly nice. No delay, perfect smoothness, etc.

When my PC goes down to 60FPS, it looks like 25FPS on a console; terrible! I thought my eyes were so used to 144FPS that my brain was tricking me when I played at a lower FPS, but no.

I launched Rainbow Six Siege on my Xbox, and the smoothness was amazing! Not like 144FPS of course, but it was great. No chopping / tearing. V-sync = off.

When I launch the exact same game on my PC, and lock it at the exact same FPS, it's choppy. I don't understand it, but it's annoying. I can't have an enjoyable gaming experience on my PC unless it's at a reasonably high FPS, but with games like RDR2 out there, I'm not always going to have that option.

The games I see that feel smooth on console, but choppy on PC at 60FPS are R6 Siege, and Gears 5. Mostly all games feel this way. It seems that most games are smoother on console at 60FPS than they are on my PC.

The only thing that I know is different between my console, and my PC, are the cords connecting them to my monitor. My console is HDMI, and my PC is DVI (for 144Hz compatibility).

If anyone has any knowledge on why this is, please, let me know! Thank you!

Perhaps the xbox is limiting the screen refresh rate to 60hz, so 60fps on 60hz is much better than 60fps on 144hz

It's a weird one.

I could offer some reasons, but i suspect none will really be worth considering.

Short of some kind of confirmation bias, or the leads (HDMI vs DVI), if it's all on the same monitor and both are definitely running at 60fps, I am stumped. 

It could be due to your frame times, try uncapping the frame rate and limiting the refresh rate to 60hz, you should get a similar experience to the series X.

Just now, Chris Fortune said:

Did you just lock the game to 60fps or did you lock the monitor too?

Just the game. I don't think the console locks my monitor to 60FPS, right? Maybe it does. Not sure.

If I test this, how do I lock the FPS of my monitor to 60? Through Nvidia control panel?

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

It could be due to your frame times, try uncapping the frame rate and limiting the refresh rate to 60hz, you should get a similar experience to the series X.

Yea, I thought so too! Sadly, that was not the issue.

It's such a strange issue.

Just now, HulkyThicc101 said:

Just the game. I don't think the console locks my monitor to 60FPS, right? Maybe it does. Not sure.

If I test this, how do I lock the FPS of my monitor to 60? Through Nvidia control panel?

I think so, if you can't go as low as 60 then 120 (being a multiple of 60) may work better than 144

Just now, Chris Fortune said:

I think so, if you can't go as low as 60 then 120 (being a multiple of 60) may work better than 144

Ok. Lemme give it a shot!

7 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

It's a weird one.

I could offer some reasons, but i suspect none will really be worth considering.

Short of some kind of confirmation bias, or the leads (HDMI vs DVI), if it's all on the same monitor and both are definitely running at 60fps, I am stumped. 

Same. Same...

4 minutes ago, Chris Fortune said:

Nope. It didn't work. It felt the same as with my monitor 144FPS. I tried both capped / uncapped.

Just now, HulkyThicc101 said:

Nope. It didn't work. It felt the same as with my monitor 144FPS. I tried both capped / uncapped.

Bugger

well after driver update my monitor gets set back to 60 too

u have maybe to change the resolution in the control pannel from NVIDIA 

user a advanced resolution where u can set the monitor to 144 hz 

On 11/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, Hfreist said:

well after driver update my monitor gets set back to 60 too

u have maybe to change the resolution in the control pannel from NVIDIA 

user a advanced resolution where u can set the monitor to 144 hz 

Sadly, nope. It wasn't that.