Non-QVL memory for Ryzen 7 5800x with X570

Hi

I just bought a Ryzen 7 5800x and an ASUS ROG Strix X570-F.
The thing is I'd wish to use, at least for a while - maximum 2-3 months - my current memory sticks but they aren't in the QVL list.
I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16) CL16 at 3200 MHz. 
Can I use them until I'll buy a proper QVL memory?
Thanks

7 minutes ago, IceWolf75 said:

Hi

I just bought a Ryzen 7 5800x and an ASUS ROG Strix X570-F.
The thing is I'd wish to use, at least for a while - maximum 2-3 months - my current memory sticks but they aren't in the QVL list.
I have Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16) CL16 at 3200 MHz. 
Can I use them until I'll buy a proper QVL memory?
Thanks

Yeah, you should be fine.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

you don't have to buy proper qvl memory. i'd just use the ram you have and not bother buying another kit

QVL list is just an informative list, it's never meant to be complete, or a purchase recommendation.

It's just a " we had these memory sticks in the lab and we tested the board with them" list.  It won't even be updated.

For example a board that was launched a year ago, will have a QVL memory list last updated maybe 10 months ago, but the board may have 3-5 bios updates since then all claiming improved memory compatibility or performance, but  you won't see all the memory sticks in that list retested with the latest bios, it's too much work and manufacturers don't really care about that.

Thank you. I received a lot of advices regarding AMD and its issue with memories. Honestly, I used only Intel for my builds since Core 2 Duo so Ryzen is new to me entirely.
Someone said it can be very unstable if I'm using untested memories, someone else taht it can void the ASUS warranty (!) and such other things.

They're all idiots.

Go with something with good ratings and from a known brand, try to go with 3200-3600 Mhz, and you'll be fine.

Since you say Romania, my preferred store is pcgarage.ro , go there to memory and filter by 3600 mhz or 3200 mhz if you want cheapest and get something from corsair, crucial, hyperx, g.skill, patriot  ...  adata, kingston and teamgroup are also acceptable.

If you're really paranoid, look up what memory chips are on the sticks and maybe avoid the ones that have hynix memory chips as it's said/rumored they have less overclocking potential, not so great memory timings, but should still work without any problems on amd motherboards.

16 hours ago, mariushm said:

They're all idiots.

Go with something with good ratings and from a known brand, try to go with 3200-3600 Mhz, and you'll be fine.

Since you say Romania, my preferred store is pcgarage.ro , go there to memory and filter by 3600 mhz or 3200 mhz if you want cheapest and get something from corsair, crucial, hyperx, g.skill, patriot  ...  adata, kingston and teamgroup are also acceptable.

If you're really paranoid, look up what memory chips are on the sticks and maybe avoid the ones that have hynix memory chips as it's said/rumored they have less overclocking potential, not so great memory timings, but should still work without any problems on amd motherboards.

I don't want to overclock it, I believe it's enough with the normal AMD boost. 
I already have these Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 (CMK32GX4M2B3200C16) bought from PCGarage last year. I don't know exactly what type of memory has - I guess Micron - but they weren't the cheapest nor the most expensive. They're not very aggressive either, at CL16. 
The QVL lists only 
CMK32GX4M2Z3200C16 variant as 16GB x 2 kit. 
What's odd, searching for QVL memory (eMag, PCGarage, Vexio) I realized that 32 GB kits at 3600 are kinda hard to find. Even if they are the most expensive G.Skill kits, you may have the surprise to not be listed for Ryzen 5000 series. As I'd say... odd.