Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do 2080 Ti bottleneck

1 hour ago, Buttefly said:

The 2080 ti makes around 120 fps 1440p maxed on most games I'd say, without RT. Don't know how it'll perform with RT and DLSS tho.

Do 9900K support it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

Do 9900K support it 

Of course the 9900K would support the 2080 Ti... the 2080 TI uses PCIe 3.0 x16 interface. What are you trying to get here? 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Of course the 9900K would support the 2080 Ti... the 2080 TI uses PCIe 3.0 x16 interface. What are you trying to get here? 

I mean to say do 9900K bottleneck 2080 Ti or not

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

I mean to say do 9900K bottleneck 2080 Ti or not

I thought that was what you were saying but yeah, the 9900K won't bottleneck a 2080Ti. The i9-9900K is still a powerful CPU that can handle your games perfectly fine. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount depends on your CPU.  

On AAA games on with high/ultra settings my 5hgz Intel CPUs get into the 130s at 1440p before bottlenecking becomes an issue. The bottleneck gets worse as I drop settings.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a good example of this since it shows how much you are GPU bound.

 

On the highest setting with TAA the game is 86% GPU bound.  On the highest without AA it is 68% GPU bound. At the high with no AA it is 49% GPU bound.

 

Since I am getting a good frame rate in this game it really does not matter.

SOTTR14402.thumb.jpg.4adf631668fbd3b55a780ce4af0df4f7.jpg

 

 

 

RIG#1 CPU: Intel i9 10900k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: EVGA  RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: EVGA 1300 G2 | Case: Cooler Master H500M | Cooler: SilverStone PF360 | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV


RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k, 5ghz all cores| Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

 

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 9900k, 5ghz all cores| Motherboard: AORUS Z390 Ultra | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC | PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 870 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 49" NanoCell 85

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I thought that was what you were saying but yeah, the 9900K won't bottleneck a 2080Ti. The i9-9900K is still a powerful CPU that can handle your games perfectly fine. 

Can I play and stream together by this PC without getting too much fps loose 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

Can I play and stream together by this PC without getting too much fps loose 

Yeah it should be fine as the 2080Ti has an NVENC encoder that should offload the encoding process from the CPU to the GPU for streaming. 

PSU Tier List  || Graphics Card Tier List 

 

Resonance Cascade Specifications: 

 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 900D  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jones177 said:

The amount depends on your CPU.  

On AAA games on with high/ultra settings my 5hgz Intel CPUs get into the 130s at 1440p before bottlenecking becomes an issue. The bottleneck gets worse as I drop settings.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a good example of this since it shows how much you are GPU bound.

 

On the highest setting with TAA the game is 86% GPU bound.  On the highest without AA it is 68% GPU bound. At the high with no AA it is 49% GPU bound.

 

Since I am getting a good frame rate in this game it really does not matter.

SOTTR14402.thumb.jpg.4adf631668fbd3b55a780ce4af0df4f7.jpg

 

 

 

Why you not enabled RTX

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

Why you not enabled RTX

RTX removes the bottleneck at 1440p but the frames drop a lot. 

 

SOTTR1440ultrataaRT.thumb.jpg.b5e6481fbd43012dae1965bffc176724.jpg

 

RIG#1 CPU: Intel i9 10900k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: EVGA  RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: EVGA 1300 G2 | Case: Cooler Master H500M | Cooler: SilverStone PF360 | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV


RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k, 5ghz all cores| Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

 

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 9900k, 5ghz all cores| Motherboard: AORUS Z390 Ultra | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC | PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 870 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 49" NanoCell 85

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jones177 said:

RTX removes the bottleneck at 1440p but the frames drop a lot. 

 

SOTTR1440ultrataaRT.thumb.jpg.b5e6481fbd43012dae1965bffc176724.jpg

 

At which settings the game look best and best FPS management like Ultra, Very High, High etc. Without Ray Tracing and with Ray Tracing

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

At which settings the game look best and best FPS management like Ultra, Very High, High etc. Without Ray Tracing and with Ray Tracing

I used the highest preset to play SOTTR without ray tracing at 4k and averaged 78fps or about the same as 1440p with RTX on.  I have only used ray tracing in Control and Metro Exodus so far.  

 

With Control I used DLSS 2 and ray tracing but I only used ray traced reflections and ray traced transparent reflections because I did not like the other settings.

 

With hard to run games like RDR 2 1440p bottlenecks are not an issue since getting past 130fps is hard to do. At 1080p the bottlenecks are so bad that there is not that much difference in between 1440p and 1080p frames. That is why is is a bit pointless to play at 1080p with a GPU with 2080 ti type performance.

 

Here is one frame in the RDR 2 bench at 1080p, 1440p and 4k.  Notice the GPU usage at 1080p and the frame rate.

RDR24k1440p1080pHU.thumb.jpg.b942335d3671bd2a80f496aa9e47af25.jpg

RIG#1 CPU: Intel i9 10900k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: EVGA  RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: EVGA 1300 G2 | Case: Cooler Master H500M | Cooler: SilverStone PF360 | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV


RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k, 5ghz all cores| Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

 

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 9900k, 5ghz all cores| Motherboard: AORUS Z390 Ultra | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC | PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 870 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 49" NanoCell 85

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jones177 said:

I used the highest preset to play SOTTR without ray tracing at 4k and averaged 78fps or about the same as 1440p with RTX on.  I have only used ray tracing in Control and Metro Exodus so far.  

 

With Control I used DLSS 2 and ray tracing but I only used ray traced reflections and ray traced transparent reflections because I did not like the other settings.

 

With hard to run games like RDR 2 1440p bottlenecks are not an issue since getting past 130fps is hard to do. At 1080p the bottlenecks are so bad that there is not that much difference in between 1440p and 1080p frames. That is why is is a bit pointless to play at 1080p with a GPU with 2080 ti type performance.

 

Here is one frame in the RDR 2 bench at 1080p, 1440p and 4k.  Notice the GPU usage at 1080p and the frame rate.

RDR24k1440p1080pHU.thumb.jpg.b942335d3671bd2a80f496aa9e47af25.jpg

At 1080P which CPU bottleneck and I am not only asking about 1440p I am also asking about 1440p at 144hz means high resolution as well as high refresh rate

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chiranjeet Bhattacharya said:

At 1080P which CPU bottleneck and I am not only asking about 1440p I am also asking about 1440p at 144hz means high resolution as well as high refresh rate

The 2080 ti is held back by the CPU at 1080p so it can only produce about the same frames as the 1440p sample. It is 76% GPU usage at 1080p vs 95% usage at 1440p. For me to get 144fps at 1440p it will probably take a 3090.

RDR21440p1080pHU.thumb.jpg.e3b06001400ac771ab413acb9a51be4f.jpg

 

Here is GTA 5 on Ultra settings. The 2080 ti is only working hard at 4k with 45% usage at 1080p, 63% usage at 1440p and 98% usage at 4k.

GTA51080p1440p4k.thumb.jpg.1eedfa271fff63fec7a37fa07e7989b9.jpg

 

 

To get 144fps in modern AAA games I have to lower settings more than I like.  To get 146fps average in Shadow of the Tomb Raider I had to go from the highest preset to the high preset.

High resolution and high refresh rate are pointless to me if the quality is not there.

 

I use LG OLED TVs as monitors. They do 120hz 1440p and that is easy to do with the settings I like with a RTX 2080 ti.

Until CPUs get a lot more powerful I will stick with 120hz.

 

 

 

RIG#1 CPU: Intel i9 10900k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: EVGA  RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: EVGA 1300 G2 | Case: Cooler Master H500M | Cooler: SilverStone PF360 | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV


RIG#2 CPU: Intel i7 8086k, 5ghz all cores| Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW3 ULTRA | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

 

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 9900k, 5ghz all cores| Motherboard: AORUS Z390 Ultra | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC | PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Samsung 870 EVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 49" NanoCell 85

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×