ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING - NVMe?

Ωmegα

yes, both ports can run pci. i think 1 port is 3.0, and the other is 4.0. so both drives can't be 4.0, but otherwise, 2 nvme's will work.

4 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

yes, both ports can run pci. i think 1 port is 3.0, and the other is 4.0. so both drives can't be 4.0, but otherwise, 2 nvme's will work.

Yeah, the upper one is a 4.0 connected to CPU (or something like that), and the bottom one is a 3.0. When the bottom one is populated, two SATA ports will be disabled.

I hope it will work, cause I bought 2x NVMe's :|

3 hours ago, Ωmegα said:

Yeah, the upper one is a 4.0 connected to CPU (or something like that), and the bottom one is a 3.0. When the bottom one is populated, two SATA ports will be disabled.

I hope it will work, cause I bought 2x NVMe's :|

It will work. You will just lose two SATA ports as you already mentioned. So the two ports nearest the bottom of the board will be disabled, leaving you with 4.

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

It will work. You will just lose two SATA ports as you already mentioned. So the two ports nearest the bottom of the board will be disabled, leaving you with 4.

Mhm, I know. I just couldn't find anything if the M.2 slots support NVMe. Ctrl+F'ed the manual and their specification page and found nothing regarding NVMe.

13 minutes ago, Ωmegα said:

Mhm, I know. I just couldn't find anything if the M.2 slots support NVMe. Ctrl+F'ed the manual and their specification page and found nothing regarding NVMe.

Both slots support M.2 SATA or M.2 PCIE (NVMe).