i need to pick 1 of 4 AM4 MOBOs and need your guys help PLEASE

Chris_Ryzen

Budget (including currency): 800

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: world of war Ships/tanks/war planes, War Thunder, 3D CAD, and 3D Printer software

Other details 

i need help in the next day or so to pick which one of these MoBos to buy to pair with the Ryzen5 3600x/xt. my options are   #1.. Asus TUF gaming plus WiFi,   #2  GigaByte x570 aorus elite WiFi, #3..Gigabyte x570 Gaming X.....cheaper options   .#4   Gigabyte x570 UD  and then #5  ASRock x570 phantom gaming 4.    need to buy one of these in the next day or so, SO PLEASE HELP if you can an list possible pros and cons of your pick, THANKS

well the question is Value over Lifetime ! 

u can buy cheap now but later maybe you dont have so much room for upgrades 

there are awesome B550 board out there personally i plan to use a MSI MEG X570 ACE to power my hopefully soon arriving  5900X

but i wanted the full feature set that AM4 has to offer since it is the last generation of this platform , like Ram support, PCI4 SSDs and also oc capability 

you just have to ask yourself .. in 2 years maybe the 3600 is not enough anymore ... what is your upgrade path .. a 5900 or 5950x ? 
Then it would make sense to invest into a better more expensive board (B550 or X570) 

I 100% want a x570 to future proof my rig and the $800 is MoBo and CPU ONLY nothing else as i have the rest from a previous build......yes the X570 is overkill for a 3600xt but the 3600x/xt is far better then my old fx 4100 so YEAH Future proofing as i dont wanna have to buy new board and ram and everything over again for another build 2 yrs down the road, keep in mind my FX 4100 was fine for what i was using it for but PCI-E x16 slot died and now have no pic SO its upgrade time,     PLEASE pros and cons of the certain x570s,    as i had the MSI MPG Gaming edge wifi but sent its ass back as it was overpriced JUNK

5 minutes ago, Chris_Ryzen said:

I 100% want a x570 to fututre proof my rig and the $800 is MoBo and CPU ONLY nothing else as i have the rest from a previose build

X570 doesn't really offer any future-proofing that B550 doesn't -- dual GPU is dead for the foreseeable future, and both support up to Ryzen 5000 and no further, as next gen is likely going to be AM5.

im sick and tired of a tiny upgrade after tiny upgrade i want a MoBo/CPU that will be better then my old FX 4100 but not have to buy another board and cpu down the road, like the one guy that gave good info said  value over life time, i rather spend $300+ on a board now and be able to upgrade CPUs and CPUS ONLY not a motherboard and CPU all over again

4 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

X570 doesn't really offer any future-proofing that B550 doesn't -- dual GPU is dead for the foreseeable future, and both support up to Ryzen 5000 and no further, as next gen is likely going to be AM5.

if this is the case why have the x570 at all then?

24 minutes ago, Chris_Ryzen said:

im sick and tired of a tiny upgrade after tiny upgrade i want a MoBo/CPU that will be better then my old FX 4100 but not have to buy another board and cpu down the road, like the one guy that gave good info said  value over life time, i rather spend $300+ on a board now and be able to upgrade CPUs and CPUS ONLY not a motherboard and CPU all over again

X570 and B550 have the same CPU support. (edit: not exactly the same- X570 supports older CPUs while B550 doesn't- but the relevant upgrades are the same)

21 minutes ago, Chris_Ryzen said:

if this is the case why have the x570 at all then?

X570 released first, so for a while it was the only high-end AM4 platform. It also is the only option for PCIe 4.0 through the chipset, but since there aren't many devices that take advantage of that, I wouldn't consider it a major reason to go for it.

33 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

X570 and B550 have the same CPU support.

X570 released first, so for a while it was the only high-end AM4 platform. It also is the only option for PCIe 4.0 through the chipset, but since there aren't many devices that take advantage of that, I wouldn't consider it a major reason to go for it.

so if im not overclocking or needing pcie4.0 or using anything lower then a 3600x or xt there is NO point in going for ANY x570.

34 minutes ago, Chris_Ryzen said:

so if im not overclocking or needing pcie4.0 or using anything lower then a 3600x or xt there is NO point in going for ANY x570.

Even if you are doing those things, as long as you only need 4.0 on a graphics card and one SSD there's no real reason to go X570, since many B550 boards overclock just as well.

well it lloks like its a B550 something then, ANY nice mid to high end suggestions?

On 11/25/2020 at 3:25 PM, Chris_Ryzen said:

well it lloks like its a B550 something then, ANY nice mid to high end suggestions?

The B550 Tomahawk is on sale for $140 right now-- if you don't mind a slightly smaller number of USB ports, it's one of the better boards on the platform.

i dont know why im trying to avoid MSI or if it was cause the first X570 mobo i tried was MSI(x570 gaming edge wifi) and was nothing but issues, im considering the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC.   is this a better option then the MSI, as long as the Motherboards under $300ish canadian im good with that, im also wondering which is more worth buying the 3600xt or the 3700x CPU also using this motherboard as i like the direct contact heatpipe and fin array cooling for the VRMs, 1 or 2 usbs doesnt make that much of a difference to me But Thanks for the answers i really like to hear others opinions as im coming from an old 970 Chipset and FX 4100 with GTX 580 to RYZEN and B550 so the jump will be HUGE and i just want my tower running as not having my 3D design running right now is costing me cash as that is partly how i make my money, with my tower and 3d printers together and my laptop doesnt have enough balls in the GPU area to run them where i can use them proper

@Chris_Ryzen

You already missed the train for long / extended support.

Socket AM4 has been around since Ryzen 1000-series (2017?), and Ryzen 5000-series is end of the line for socket AM4.

AMD stuck with the same socket for ~4 years.

In your case, best is to get a mid-tier B550 motherboard.

A mid-tier board will have no issues handling a Ryzen 3600 / X / XT, or 5600X....or even up to a 5900X if running a stock settings.

If you are getting a Ryzen 3600, don't bother with the X or XT versions.

Instead of giving you 3 or 4 B550 options (you'd be stuck with your initial question of picking 1 out of 4), I'm just going to suggest one board.

Plus, you said MSi if out of the question -- fair enough.

My personal opinion...

I'm debating between the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite ATX, and the ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus.

With a difference of $3....go with the 

ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus -- https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pnqBD3/asus-tuf-gaming-b550-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-tuf-gaming-b550-plus

• Plenty of USB and I/O ports in the rear (both boards are plentiful)
  • USB BIOS Flashback (comes in handy if you need to update the BIOS, or re-flash the BIOS if it corrupts, both boards have this)
  • IMO...having used both ASUS and Gigabyte boards over the years, ASUS has the more refined UEFI BIOS interface / navigation

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

see that is the type of info im looking for brother Thanks and as for price im not really worried as long as its under or around $300ish and that is CAD for us Rascal, im almost certain im getting the Gigabyte B550 Aorun Elite AC and either the 3600xt or 3700x and i say 3600xt as i dont really plan on overclocking so saving the cash to have to overclock it abit is not my thing plus right now the 3600xt is cheaper then the X and the XT is the same price as the 3600 so im thinking the XT minimum or the 3700x as i wont be upgrading anytime soon as my FX4100 and old 970 chipset got me this far and i would be still using it with no issues if the x16 slot didn t burn up on the motherboard

i just check out the ASUS TUF Gaming b550 -Plus wifi and compared it to the spec on the Gigabyte B550 aorus Elite wifi and i dont like the specs so much on the asus even though i have had more ASUS MoBOs then any other company but i would Rather the True 12+2 phases with digital VRM with 50Amp DRMOS on the gigabyte then the 8+2 Phase wih DRmos on the asus, the asus also only does 2666mhz ram when the Gigabyte does 3200mhz. 

15 hours ago, Chris_Ryzen said:

i just check out the ASUS TUF Gaming b550 -Plus wifi and compared it to the spec on the Gigabyte B550 aorus Elite wifi and i dont like the specs so much on the asus even though i have had more ASUS MoBOs then any other company but i would Rather the True 12+2 phases with digital VRM with 50Amp DRMOS on the gigabyte then the 8+2 Phase wih DRmos on the asus, the asus also only does 2666mhz ram when the Gigabyte does 3200mhz. 

True, the Gigabyte has more VRM phases, but if you are using a Ryzen 3600 / X / XT, or 3700X, the 8+2 is plenty.

It's when you grab a 5900X or 5950X, and try to do something like an all-core 4.7GHz overclock, you'll see a problem.

ASUS board can do uip to DDR4-4600 (OC).

I don't see where where you are seeing the DDR4-2666 limitation.

image.thumb.png.b4dfe3c358860748835e740c8af3728e.png

I'm using a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master board right now, it's one of the higher-end boards Gigabyte offers for Z390.

There's a lot of settings in the BIOS that is all over the place...and repeated elsewhere.

BIOS has a few bugs, and to resolve it, I need to reset back to factory defaults, reboot, and reload my settings.

On the ASUS boards I've used, none of those problems.

That said, I still love my Aorus Master, even with the flaws -- Gigabyte's BIOS has come a long way...from socket AM3 / AM3+ and FM1 days...

That said, if you want to go with the Gigabyte Aorus, that's absolutely fine, too.

It was a tough call between Gigabyte Aorus B550 board, or an ASUS B550 board.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

For some reason the one site that gave info on the asus said 2666 non overclocked but i cant find that page again and now i look on the asus page its the same 3200mhz not overclocked, that was my BAD