Windows 8 lite vs windows 10 lite

Dragonwinged

I will be upgrading my laptop's internal storage soon, but I don't want the regular windows 10 it comes with anymore. I'm thinking of switching to use Manjaro KDE as my primary OS, however I think I might still need a windows OS to plrun certain programs, so I'm looking for a slimmed down windows iso. The question is, should I get Windows 8.1 or 10?

I'd go with the OS you have a license for, which would be Windows 10 presumably. Shouldn't make much of a difference in terms of installation size. Depending on what software you're talking about (games?) that will typically require much more space than Windows itself.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

All that "lite", "small", "fast" or other system modifications have not much sense. Your system will be basically the same fast except functionality you remove from it.

Look at Linux - all that small, fast, tiny or whatever distros works basically the same - programs do not run faster. The only difference is boot time and ram consumption. In case Windows ram consumption is not a problem (you can't run Win10 on 128MB ram anyway). So just install normal system and that's all you need.