Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sabrent drive dying fast.

This is a replacement drive I got from Sabrent. The first one got to 90% health before they told me to send it back. The screenshots are taken 4 days apart and I installed Windows on the 7th of this month. I have an Asus Scar II with a 2070 geforce card laptop.

What could be killing this thing so fast? There is no way I got two bad drives in a row. 

Any ideas at all, please help! Thanks. 

11-24-20.jpg

11-20-20 2.36pm.jpg

19 minutes ago, Aided Onslaught said:

This is a replacement drive I got from Sabrent. The first one got to 90% health before they told me to send it back. The screenshots are taken 4 days apart and I installed Windows on the 7th of this month. I have an Asus Scar II with a 2070 geforce card laptop.

What could be killing this thing so fast? There is no way I got two bad drives in a row. 

Any ideas at all, please help! Thanks. 

11-24-20.jpg

11-20-20 2.36pm.jpg

your using the sabrnet to store what? boot drive

30 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

your using the sabrnet to store what? boot drive

Yes, it's my boot drive. I just now switched to my Intel 660p the laptop came with to see if I have any issues with it. It currently has more reads and writes and is at 100%. So far it's looking like I got two bad drives in a row. Still open for ideas. 

15 minutes ago, Aided Onslaught said:

Yes, it's my boot drive. I just now switched to my Intel 660p the laptop came with to see if I have any issues with it. It currently has more reads and writes and is at 100%. So far it's looking like I got two bad drives in a row. Still open for ideas. 

ive been recommended myself to use sabernet since its more cost effective. when you had the damaged one what was the error when you ran crystal disk

2 hours ago, bebejapes said:

ive been recommended myself to use sabernet since its more cost effective. when you had the damaged one what was the error when you ran crystal disk

Drive health would go down every 7 or so days. It was at 90% after 3 months.

I ask my friend who has two sabrent drives to show me his crystaldsikinfo. Both 100% with far more read and writes. 

Just now, Aided Onslaught said:

Drive health would go down every 7 or so days. It was at 90% after 3 months.

I ask my friend who has two sabrent drives to show me his crystaldsikinfo. Both 100% with far more read and writes. 

ah i think its an issue with teh silicon then

don't use it as a main. how many m.2 slots do you have on your mobo

19 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

ah i think its an issue with teh silicon then

don't use it as a main. how many m.2 slots do you have on your mobo

I'm going to see if they'll send me a new one if I can prove it's not my laptop doing it. Just odd I get two bad ones in a row.

I have...one m.2 slot. :(

50 minutes ago, Aided Onslaught said:

I'm going to see if they'll send me a new one if I can prove it's not my laptop doing it. Just odd I get two bad ones in a row.

I have...one m.2 slot. :(

ahh if you can load the damaged sabernet nvme and see the error value maybe you will know