2 HDD on top of each other

patken007
Go to solution Solved by aDoomGuy,
3 minutes ago, patken007 said:

do you know a good programm for monitoring heat. i know core-temps isnt too bad

I use HWInfo for that and other purposes. It is free and can display a lot of things.

https://www.hwinfo.com/

no, that should be fine. you can always just monitor your hdd temps and change it in the future if you want.

They're just stacked onto eachother? No space between? I wouldn't do it like that but it should be fine unless heat and vibration will cause a problem. As @bmx6454suggested you can monitor temps. I'm more worried about vibration in the long run though.

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

They're just stacked onto eachother? No space between? I wouldn't do it like that but it should be fine unless heat and vibration will cause a problem. As @bmx6454suggested you can monitor temps. I'm more worried about vibration in the long run though.

i assumed there was a small space between them, i would change it if the are touching..

3 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

there not touching, the HDD cage is desingn to hold 2 HHD without touching, but they are very close anyway to eachother.  Just wanted to make sure for any heat problem

Just now, patken007 said:

there not touching, the HDD cage is desingn to hold 2 HHD without touching, but they are very close anyway to eachother.  Just wanted to make sure for any heat problem

In that case it should be fine. Just monitor for temps or just put in a fan to blow over them if possible.

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

In that case it should be fine. Just monitor for temps or just put in a fan to blow over them if possible.

3 minutes ago, patken007 said:

I use HWInfo for that and other purposes. It is free and can display a lot of things.

https://www.hwinfo.com/

If temps are ok, then don't worry. If you think they are a bit high, put a fan at the end blowing over them, wouldn't take much to help with temps that way...

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

24 minutes ago, IcarusLSC said:

If temps are ok, then don't worry. If you think they are a bit high, put a fan at the end blowing over them, wouldn't take much to help with temps that way...

Even so, if the temperatures are within spec, then I don't think it's a big deal. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch