GPU with only 1 HDMI and 3 DP question

Kumar13

I recently ordered EVGA RTX 3070 Ultra which only has 1 HDMI port and 3 DP. I'm currently running a dual monitor set up, but the monitors only takes HDMI, VGA or DVI. 

So I'm just wondering if I can run 1 HDMI for 1 monitor and for the other use a DP to HDMI adapter or wire and still maintain same quality on both monitors. 

Thanks in advance!

Should be fine. I'm actually running my secondary with DVI->HDMI cable and the only thing I notice the display will only OC to 65Hz. DP->HDMI cable may be better than adapter though so there is that.

1 hour ago, aDoomGuy said:

Should be fine. I'm actually running my secondary with DVI->HDMI cable and the only thing I notice the display will only OC to 65Hz. DP->HDMI cable may be better than adapter though so there is that.

Okay thank you. Do you think its better to run a wire thats just DP->HDMI or use an adapter or does it make a difference at all?

46 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

I'd probably run from both DP and use the HDMI-DP cables so at least they are guaranteed to be the same stream. 

Sorry, I don't really understand. Currently my montiors dont have a dp port. So it should be okay to run one of the monitors through an dp->hdmi cable right?

1 minute ago, Kumar13 said:

Okay thank you. Do you think its better to run a wire thats just DP->HDMI or use an adapter or does it make a difference at all?

Sorry, I don't really understand. Currently my montiors dont have a dp port. So it should be okay to run one of the monitors through an dp->hdmi cable right?

A cable probably is better than an adapter. On the off chance something in your setup may not like the adapter and I consider adapter to be last resort. I don't think you'd notice the difference but DP->HDMI cable leaves less chance of creating problems.

He means that he would run two DP->HDMI cables connected to each DP on the video card. Also that leaves less chance of creating problems/minor issues. Again something in your setup may not react well to different cables (like Windows can get confused and go a little weird).

20 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

A cable probably is better than an adapter. On the off chance something in your setup may not like the adapter and I consider adapter to be last resort. I don't think you'd notice the difference but DP->HDMI cable leaves less chance of creating problems.

He means that he would run two DP->HDMI cables connected to each DP on the video card. Also that leaves less chance of creating problems/minor issues. Again something in your setup may not react well to different cables (like Windows can get confused and go a little weird).

Oh lol that actually makes a lot of sense. I didn't even think of that

Thank you for the help!