Looking for new TKL Mechanical Keyboard

Electric_Spark

So I'm currently shopping for a new mechanical keyboard. My current keyboard keyboard is a Redragon K578 (Cherry MX Brown Equivalent) and considering I paid $60 for it I've been very impressed, but I want something a little nicer with some more features.

I am looking for a keyboard with Cherry MX Brown or equivalent switches, and TKL design. Ideally is also wireless. My mouse and headset are also Logitech and I like them both, so I'm interested in maybe a Logitech keyboard.

I currently am looking at 2 main option, but I'm looking for suggestions/thoughts on these or other boards I may like. The Logitech G915 TKL and the Logitech PRO X. For the G915, I love that it is wireless and dedicated macro keys, as well as a volume wheel. Wireless is a big plus. The downside for me is I'm a bit hesitant of the low profile design. For the G PRO X, I would buy this keyboard in a heartbeat if it were wireless. Lack of macros and wheel I can deal with, but I'd really like wireless.

Any thoughts on these boards or recommendations of others? Thanks.

1 minute ago, Electric_Spark said:

So I'm currently shopping for a new mechanical keyboard. My current keyboard keyboard is a Redragon K578 (Cherry MX Brown Equivalent) and considering I paid $60 for it I've been very impressed, but I want something a little nicer with some more features.

I am looking for a keyboard with Cherry MX Brown or equivalent switches, and TKL design. Ideally is also wireless. My mouse and headset are also Logitech and I like them both, so I'm interested in maybe a Logitech keyboard.

I currently am looking at 2 main option, but I'm looking for suggestions/thoughts on these or other boards I may like. The Logitech G915 TKL and the Logitech PRO X. For the G915, I love that it is wireless and dedicated macro keys, as well as a volume wheel. Wireless is a big plus. The downside for me is I'm a bit hesitant of the low profile design. For the G PRO X, I would buy this keyboard in a heartbeat if it were wireless. Lack of macros and wheel I can deal with, but I'd really like wireless.

I suggest the G.skill km360. It's not from Logitech, but its still great. LTT+ Tech source made reviews of it and its only $50. However, its not wireless.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

2 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

I suggest the G.skill km360. It's not from Logitech, but its still great. LTT+ Tech source made reviews of it and its only $50. However, its not wireless.

Not a bad choice. My bad though, I forgot to mention I would like RGB.

7 hours ago, Electric_Spark said:

Where are you going to buy the keyboard from and what is your budget?
Also do you want to try something that has more tactility than Cherry MX Brown?

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

10 hours ago, Electric_Spark said:

Not a bad choice. My bad though, I forgot to mention I would like RGB.

Ah yes, the RGB. The G915 is a great choice, the only thing is that it has low profile switches. So if you want a real mechanical keyboard feel then you may want to look somewhere else. Also I'm not sure if Logitech makes their own switches so I would just watch some reviews on it and make sure that it's actually a good keyboard. From what I've seen, it is. The G Pro is a great keyboard I think.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

16 minutes ago, jsugarman2005 said:

Ah yes, the RGB. The G915 is a great choice, the only thing is that it has low profile switches. So if you want a real mechanical keyboard feel then you may want to look somewhere else. Also I'm not sure if Logitech makes their own switches so I would just watch some reviews on it and make sure that it's actually a good keyboard. From what I've seen, it is. The G Pro is a great keyboard I think.

From the top down look of the GL switches it looks like a rebadged Kailh Choc Low Profile series.

That should give you and OP more reviews.

Also those still retains the mechanical feel tbh

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream

13 hours ago, jsugarman2005 said:

So as someone who hates membrane and laptop keyboards would you you not recommend the g915? I saw the LTT review and he said it was nearly the same as a mechical keyboard as far as feel.

6 hours ago, Electric_Spark said:

So as someone who hates membrane and laptop keyboards would you you not recommend the g915? I saw the LTT review and he said it was nearly the same as a mechical keyboard as far as feel.

I would not recommend the G915 based on the fact that you can get the Keychron K8 with hotswappable switch capabilities but cheaper than the G915: https://www.keychron.com/collections/keyboard/products/keychron-k8-tenkeyless-wireless-mechanical-keyboard?variant=32018252824665.

There is also the Drop CTRL for 160 usd and it comes with a better tactile switch options than the G915, although it doesnt have a wireless option: https://drop.com/buy/drop-ctrl-mechanical-keyboard.

For a solidly built Cherry MX only board you can look at options from Varmillo and Durgod. Here is an example, the Durgod K320: https://www.amazon.com/DURGOD-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Interface/dp/B078H3WPHM

I don't think that the G915's low profile Kailh Choc rebadge switches will feel "less mechanical" than your typical full size Cherry MX Brown for example

Edited by ProBottler
Forgot to actually answer the question

A kid with a dream

15 hours ago, Electric_Spark said:

Yes, but the g915 is not TKL and its $250 USD!!! For that you can probably get one of the best TKL keyboards out there, the DROP CTRL, I have it (I got it used) and its MSRP is $200. Its insane in all areas and just a good pick for anyone for any occasion. Plus its has lots of RGB.

1 hour ago, jsugarman2005 said:

$250 USD!!! For that you can probably get one of the best TKL keyboards out there, the DROP CTRL

Well..... no. I see you haven't entered the rabbit hole yet :3 Prices extend way further up, and the keyboards get nicer as well

:)

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

Well..... no. I see you haven't entered the rabbit hole yet :3 Prices extend way further up, and the keyboards get nicer as well

Yeah I know they get farther up, but your right, Im just entering the rabbit hole, but for a pre-build mechanical keyboard, the DROP CTRL is really nice. Plus it's hot swap-able.