Upgrading my CPU soon lol need recommendations

FatalPotatoe

Budget (including currency): £100-ish

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Light/medium games such as Minecraft, Risk of rain 2, For the king, Apex (Maybe?) applications like FL Studio, Ableton, Cakewalk, Cubase etc... 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Recently upgraded to an R9 280 up from an R7 250 for 1080p. Currently on an i5 2400 and an old dying motherboard, and thinking of going AM4 1st gen ryzen 3 since I already have an FX 8350 stock cooler on hand. Not sure weather to go for a 1200 or a 1300x. I might be OCing with the chip as well

1st gen Ryzen 3 is a good option if you're on a super tight budget, but I'd really try to stretch for a Ryzen 1600 6-core if possible.

Also make sure you get a B450 or higher motherboard, since you want it to support Ryzen 5000 as an upgrade path.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4