0_o ur opinion on this poll

EuropeanCookieDelight
Go to solution Solved by The_russian,

Next time try to make it clear what your question or poll is about. From what I have gathered from your posts, you are wondering if the XM4s are good for streaming. In my opinion they are not a good choice for that use case, unless you are going to be using an external microphone. The XM4s are primarily noise canceling headphones, the mic is added to basically make phone calls and use the voice assistant. It works for calls and commands, but it doesn't sound great so if you are going to be using them for streaming, I would get a headset instead. 

Headphones?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which

• Bose
    • Sony

I was forced to add context, which one is better....O_0? ty

-=Original Post Content =-

So I've been looking for some headphones to buy and since the holidays are coming up I'm trying to get a steal on prices.

I was looking to buy the WH-1000MX4 for a while now because I love its features and simply because I broke my old ones BUT I was wondering if it possible to use those head phones for streaming / gaming as well?

The Main reason I ask is because I'm not sure If the features on it such as the Bluetooth feature on the MX4s interfere anything when streaming. 

If you think I should pass on the MX4s for a better headset Please recommend me your suggestions. Especially if you know any that are good for its price this coming holiday

Edited by SansVarnic
Added Original Post Content

steelseries, corsair, hyperx, all these brands are solid, so you can buy these good quality headphones, whats budget? 

17 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

steelseries, corsair, hyperx, all these brands are solid, so you can buy these good quality headphones, whats budget? 

I wouldn't call corsair or steelseries quality brands for audio. On the other hand. HyperX are known (to me anyways) for rebranding and taking studio headphones and making them better and suit gamers more. Especially the HyperX cloud 2's. One other headphone that I would say and many others are saying are the Mh751's or Mh752's. These are reskinned from the Takstar pro 82 which are great studio monitor headphones. So yeah. HyperX or Cooler Master's Mh751. Also the mic on the Mh751's are 10x better than any other headset in the 200 dollar range.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

personel expirience with testing friends gaming headphones anr igs, awell when i had this problem, steelseries is full audio quality i feel, but i have rgb corsair, it looks cool with my setup

2 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

personel expirience with testing friends gaming headphones anr igs, awell when i had this problem, steelseries is full audio quality i feel, but i have rgb corsair, it looks cool with my setup

Cool cool and cool. Yeah well. Coolness doesn't equal audio quality. You can read my post in my siganture below which consists of videos explaining "gaming" headsets and their way of bullcrap marketing, if you want to know exactly why check it out. 

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

yes ik, but i chose myslef, so he can choose himself

1 minute ago, Tigerleon said:

Cool cool and cool. Yeah well. Coolness doesn't equal audio quality. You can read my post in my siganture below which consists of videos explaining "gaming" headsets and their way of bullcrap marketing, if you want to know exactly why check it out. 

plus some steelseries and like $200

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

yes ik, but i chose myslef, so he can choose himself

That is why I recommended a good brand instead of recommending something that isn't such a good brand. Don't make this guy waste over 150 dollars on something that'll just light up your head or look "cooler"

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

hyperx is good brand, it was the first headphones i ever got

1 minute ago, ComputerBuilder said:

plus some steelseries and like $200

Yes they are $200. Even more for some. Which is idiotically expensive for what you get honestly.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

hyperx is good brand, it was the first headphones i ever got

Then you made a great purchase. Sad you switched them out for something that isn't that great compared to those.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

yes, my friend got some they are comfy as heel, but he got them for like $80 so ye, they were the lower end ones, but thats a good value, since they sound and feel same as the $200 ones

Just now, Tigerleon said:

Then you made a great purchase. Sad you switched them out for something that isn't that great compared to those.

they were rly old, they still sit here on my headphone rack, they like 4 years old, so the sound quality is a bit wore out, but i do use them as portable headphones, like if i go to a friends house or some crap

plus the like the stuff that goes aroudn your head, like the foam r whatever wore out some, so thats also why, sometimes my ears get RLY hot with them on

1 hour ago, Tigerleon said:

I wouldn't call corsair or steelseries quality brands for audio. On the other hand. HyperX are known (to me anyways) for rebranding and taking studio headphones and making them better and suit gamers more. Especially the HyperX cloud 2's. One other headphone that I would say and many others are saying are the Mh751's or Mh752's. These are reskinned from the Takstar pro 82 which are great studio monitor headphones. So yeah. HyperX or Cooler Master's Mh751. Also the mic on the Mh751's are 10x better than any other headset in the 200 dollar range.

Yall not even answering my questions lmfaoo does the MX4s work for my situation or not?

1 hour ago, ComputerBuilder said:

But you didnt answer my question you only suggested headphones and i want good quality , Do the MX4s work for my stream situation? 

Next time try to make it clear what your question or poll is about. From what I have gathered from your posts, you are wondering if the XM4s are good for streaming. In my opinion they are not a good choice for that use case, unless you are going to be using an external microphone. The XM4s are primarily noise canceling headphones, the mic is added to basically make phone calls and use the voice assistant. It works for calls and commands, but it doesn't sound great so if you are going to be using them for streaming, I would get a headset instead. 

2 minutes ago, The_russian said:

thank youuuuuuuuuuu so much 

3 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I will be using an external microphone tho Shure SM7B. btw i said thank you because your the only one that actually helped me 

so far. But yes i will be using a Mic, Im just seeing if getting MX4s for audio is a good option so I can use them for streaming and stuff and also outside of streaming and on the road.

5 minutes ago, The_russian said:

Also adding to my repsonse ^^ The noise cancelling is a reason why I thought it was a good option. but I'll let you see my position and hopefully you can help me make a decision. 

5 minutes ago, EuropeanCookieDelight said:

But yes i will be using a Mic, Im just seeing if getting MX4s for audio is a good option so I can use them for streaming and stuff and also outside of streaming and on the road.

2 minutes ago, EuropeanCookieDelight said:

Also adding to my repsonse ^^ The noise cancelling is a reason why I thought it was a good option. but I'll let you see my position and hopefully you can help me make a decision. 

I don't use them for streaming so I can't say definitively if they will be good or not, but it will depend on the bluetooth receiver you use. I know some people have complained about audio lag/delay when using them with some bluetooth receivers, that seems like it would be a problem for streaming. I would suggest researching more if other people have used them for streaming, or what bluetooth receivers people have had a good experience with in general when using the headphones.

For everyday use, they are on the expensive side but you will have to decide if they are worth it. I use my XM4s daily for work/school and love them, for me they are definitely worth the price. As for if you should get the Sony WH1000X M4 or the Bose QuietComfort 35 II (which is what I'm guessing you meant by Bose or Sony, or possibly the Bose 700 which are a bit pricier), I would suggest you to try both of them first at BestBuy or another electronics store, but I don't know if that is possible with everything going on this year. Personally I chose the XM4 because of USB-C charging, touch controls, and I personally like the sound of them over the QC 35 II, but which one you would like better is personal preference. 

Have you considered the new audeze penrose? does bluetooth as well as 2.4 ghz connectivity could be a good option to consider. as I wersonally wopuld use either qc 35 or xm3s for gaming

46 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I don't use them for streaming so I can't say definitively if they will be good or not, but it will depend on the bluetooth receiver you use. I know some people have complained about audio lag/delay when using them with some bluetooth receivers, that seems like it would be a problem for streaming. I would suggest researching more if other people have used them for streaming, or what bluetooth receivers people have had a good experience with in general when using the headphones.

For everyday use, they are on the expensive side but you will have to decide if they are worth it. I use my XM4s daily for work/school and love them, for me they are definitely worth the price. As for if you should get the Sony WH1000X M4 or the Bose QuietComfort 35 II (which is what I'm guessing you meant by Bose or Sony, or possibly the Bose 700 which are a bit pricier), I would suggest you to try both of them first at BestBuy or another electronics store, but I don't know if that is possible with everything going on this year. Personally I chose the XM4 because of USB-C charging, touch controls, and I personally like the sound of them over the QC 35 II, but which one you would like better is personal preference. 

In reality its really a comparison between the MX4s and like a traditional "gaming headset" like the hyper x Clouds. But I see your point, Yeah ive searched on the webs but it does seem like the delay from it being Bluetooth would cause a problem. I do wish get those MX4s pretty soon though. So In this case would the Hyper X Cloud II be a good headset like in general? or what would u suggest.

I will have a seperate Mic so im really needing a headset just for audio purposes in streaming