Can't see all of my used space and I can't set up or switch my default drive.

Nick Neuburg

I was just reinstalling Halo:MCC because it's broken as usual. After uninstalling the 160gb game from my c drive it said I only have 60gb free. This wouldn't be much of an issue if windows would let me download to my d drive which it wont because if I set it as default drive it will give me an error and if I try to download it on the drive from the windows store it says it needs to be set up. Back to my c drive, I tried to look through the folders for big files but I couldn't. I looked at the properties of all of the folders and it all added up to 113gb. Any help for either problem is appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, Versatile said:

I would use Treesize to investigate what's taking up all the storage.
Sometimes the uninstallation fails and leaves a lot of the files, ive seen it several times with Steam etc.

https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free

can't uninstall stuff because windows is too stupid to think the only account isn't an administrator

I've had instances where files would not be deleted but instead moved into the trash bin, thus still occupying space. Might be worth a shot ;)

3 minutes ago, Kon-Tiki said:

I've had instances where files would not be deleted but instead moved into the trash bin, thus still occupying space. Might be worth a shot ;)

i don't think I have a trash bin

But you are using Windows, aren't you?

Edit: Just asking, because I'd really wonder if you hadn't one (unless you "deleted" it which I'm not sure is possible). Maybe it's just hidden and not shown in the explorer?

sorry if that was rude - was reading the "Experiences with non-techies" thread and ususally reading the stupid parts of it makes me ruder than usual.

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

sorry if that was rude - was reading the "Experiences with non-techies" thread and ususally reading the stupid parts of it makes me ruder than usual.

I was also being stupid. Forgot windows makes one for you. and don't call me a non-techie.

17 minutes ago, Kon-Tiki said:

But you are using Windows, aren't you?

Edit: Just asking, because I'd really wonder if you hadn't one (unless you "deleted" it which I'm not sure is possible). Maybe it's just hidden and not shown in the explorer?

yes I am using windows

Well, in this case I'm out of ideas as far as the trash bin is concerned. Maybe it will show up some time ;) Also, did you check for hidden files on your system?

1 minute ago, Kon-Tiki said:

Well, in this case I'm out of ideas as far as the trash bin is concerned. Maybe it will show up some time ;) Also, did you check for hidden files on your system?

Yes, I've tried to delete them but you know, windows.

4 minutes ago, Nick Neuburg said:

Yes, I've tried to delete them but you know, windows.

Yep, we all love those hickups...