AB350M - Gaming 3 Motherboard Won't Boot USB Flash Drive with Windows Install Tool

Sora.jpg

I just got back from my first semester from college and had my tower left at home. Wanted to do a full reset of my hard drives and reinstall Windows 10 again. I set up a USB Flash Drive of 14.5 GBs with the Windows Install Tool and tried to boot it up with no success. The USB is showing up just fine, but everytime I select it to boot up with F12 using the Gigabyte bios, it just does a loop back and goes to booting up normal Windows 10 again. I tried both UEFI and legacy boot modes but still to no avail. I even moved the USB to different ports, from 3.0 to 3.1 to the regular 2.0 slots that are present on my motherboard and still nothing. The USB is even formatted to FAT32 and I booted it up just fine on my laptop. Not only that but the "Reset this PC" option won't work either, as the error message of "could not find the recovery enviornment" popped up. I tried the cmd using the command "reagentc /enable" to enable it, but it comes up still disabled, with the computer seemingly not even able to find the enviornment as when I use the command "reagentc /info", the location of it is blank, even though I can clearly see it when I go to Disk Management where its 488 MB of "Recovery Partition". At this point I ran out of ideas and have no idea what to do to format my computer and hard drives again in order to get this computer to perform a bit faster.

I think that it is formatted to FAT32 might be your problem.

Windows 10 is designed for NTFS, so try making an NTFS Windows 10 boot stick.

elephants

My PC specs are this:

AB350-Gaming 3 Gigabyte Motherboard

Ryzen 1600

GTX 1660 TI

24 GB of ram

1 TB Hard Drive (for games)

2 TB Hard Drive (with Windows 10)

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

Okay, I'll try that and see what happens.

35 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Doesn't seem to work. Tried for both legacy and UEFI boot modes.

• 3 months later...

Hopefully this will help someone sometime.

I had this same issue. It resolved by updating the BIOS TWICE. First I had to go to version 31 which adds more usb support and then I managed to install the 51b version. This way I could set everything to UEFI and the usb setup booted. When I first tried flashing the BIOS to the latest version it said incorrect, which is why it had to be done twice.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2020 at 9:41 PM, Sora.jpg said:

I just got back from my first semester from college and had my tower left at home. Wanted to do a full reset of my hard drives and reinstall Windows 10 again. I set up a USB Flash Drive of 14.5 GBs with the Windows Install Tool and tried to boot it up with no success. The USB is showing up just fine, but everytime I select it to boot up with F12 using the Gigabyte bios, it just does a loop back and goes to booting up normal Windows 10 again. I tried both UEFI and legacy boot modes but still to no avail. I even moved the USB to different ports, from 3.0 to 3.1 to the regular 2.0 slots that are present on my motherboard and still nothing. The USB is even formatted to FAT32 and I booted it up just fine on my laptop. Not only that but the "Reset this PC" option won't work either, as the error message of "could not find the recovery enviornment" popped up. I tried the cmd using the command "reagentc /enable" to enable it, but it comes up still disabled, with the computer seemingly not even able to find the enviornment as when I use the command "reagentc /info", the location of it is blank, even though I can clearly see it when I go to Disk Management where its 488 MB of "Recovery Partition". At this point I ran out of ideas and have no idea what to do to format my computer and hard drives again in order to get this computer to perform a bit faster.

Hi did you resolve the issue I've got the exact same problem made a fresh usb from media tool which works on other PCs / MBs but on the AB 350 it keeps looping and goes back to bios. 😕

I can't get the USB bootable, tried UEFI legacy CSM ON/OFF all the same