WHAT IS THIS AUDIO PLAYBACK_only comes up when i try to change audio through volume mixer/pulse-audio

Go to solution Solved by Joe Jackman,

i reinstalled the whole OS (formatted)  and that fixed it. I tried to LIVE ISO and installed volume mixer ext to see if the problem lies on the ext or the OS. 

image.thumb.png.678c092199fa903ac6d18c1760737b5b.pngand now imagine 20 of those ALSA plugin s all making pop sound when u drag the volume slider. What is the fix.

12 hours ago, elsandosgrande said:

I don't get this on Ubuntu Groovy, which is the base for your version of PopOS, so it might be PopOS specific. I'm sorry that I can't really help.

thanks anyways man, also that laptop issue was my friends and haven't gotten anything back from him.

13 hours ago, Joe Jackman said:

image.thumb.png.678c092199fa903ac6d18c1760737b5b.pngand now imagine 20 of those ALSA plugin s all making pop sound when u drag the volume slider. What is the fix.

but here's how it happened (i think)- i dual booted back to linux and suddenly the pc had no audio. i resetted ALSA i think that's where the problem lies. But it could also be the the extension, I don't get this when i control volume with pulse or with system tray volume-it does not show or make that pop sound (system sound-cant even mute that). After i done this, the sound somewhat dampened but then the GUI itself crashed-used tty to restore gdm3 and pop-desktop. And now each time i log in i have to enter the first command (shown in the SS) to restore audio. 

I did all this after i posted the query.    

image.png

i reinstalled the whole OS (formatted)  and that fixed it. I tried to LIVE ISO and installed volume mixer ext to see if the problem lies on the ext or the OS.