Need some PC help new to this

Go to solution Solved by Fyrionez,

So i currently made my first build wich is.

RTX 3080 X gaming trio

AMD RYZEN 9 3900x

Asus strix 850w

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F gaming.

orsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Vengeance LPX

NZXT Kraken X53 240mm

Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 64MB

Corsair force mp510 240GB

And after some research i have come to the see that the motherboard really isnt good enough for my CPU. So im thinking about swapping it to a Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII. Or it this a total overkill when it come to performance gain?

what im currently worried about is that the VRM is really bad and something is going to happen to my PC. And for people who are really good at PC:s i really would love to get some input.

So i currently made my first build wich is.

RTX 3080 X gaming trio

AMD RYZEN 9 3900x

Asus strix 850w

orsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Vengeance LPX

NZXT Kraken X53 240mm

Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 64MB

Corsair force mp510 240GB

And after some research i have come to the see that the motherboard really isnt good enough for my CPU. So im thinking about swapping it to a Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII. Or it this a total overkill when it come to performance gain?

what im currently worried about is that the VRM is really bad and something is going to happen to my PC. And for people who are really good at PC:s i really would love to get some input.

1 minute ago, Fyrionez said:

Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII. Or it this a total overkill when it come to performance gain?

it is completely overkill.

2 minutes ago, Fyrionez said:

it is quite bad but if you don't overclock and with nough case airflow, it should work.

if you want to change it and want to stick with asus, get a b550 tuf or b550 strix-f

Just now, Fyrionez said:

what im currently worried about is that the VRM is really bad and something is going to happen to my PC

Nothing really bad will happen due to the VRM's. If you're stressing the CPU at an all core load the most that can happen is the VRM's will start to overheat so the clock speed of the CPU will drop.

The X570 Crosshair VII is overkill for your purposes, a B550 Tomahawk, or B550-E is more than enough for your needs, you can even drop lower to a X570 TUF Plus or X570-F.

5 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Nothing really bad will happen due to the VRM's. If you're stressing the CPU at an all core load the most that can happen is the VRM's will start to overheat so the clock speed of the CPU will drop.

The X570 Crosshair VII is overkill for your purposes, a B550 Tomahawk, or B550-E is more than enough for your needs, you can even drop lower to a X570 TUF Plus or X570-F.

Thank you so much for your respons what I also read is that my current mobo can’t Handel the cpu even at its base values is that true. And I switch to a new mobo what type of an performance increase will I see. I also had problem with my bios cuz I can’t set my ram to 3200mhz

9 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it is completely overkill.

it is quite bad but if you don't overclock and with nough case airflow, it should work.

if you want to change it and want to stick with asus, get a b550 tuf or b550 strix-f

Thank you so much for your respons what I also read is that my current mobo can’t Handel the cpu even at its base values is that true. And I switch to a new mobo what type of an performance increase will I see. I also had problem with my bios cuz I can’t set my ram to 3200mhz

1 minute ago, Fyrionez said:

Depends on the load, if you're in a game chances are it may reach boost clocks, but under an all core load it will probably stay around base mostly.

11 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Depends on the load, if you're in a game chances are it may reach boost clocks, but under an all core load it will probably stay around base mostly.

For someone that does not understand what that means? Could you explain is it bad or good? Can I play rdr2 on max setting and 4K without worrying about anything ?

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv