Cooling improvements on 1080ti strix with morpheus 2

SUPER_MOOSE93
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
1 hour ago, SUPER_MOOSE93 said:

personally not a fan of the case getting so hot. 

That's solved with better case airflow. 

Realistically, how much better would gpu temps be if I replaced the stock cooler of a 1080ti strix, with the morpheus 2? 

When I get my new case I will be removing the shroud and using two 120 fans to cool it instead. I can get a morpheus 2 for about £60, is it worth the money/hassle?

Find out if it is worth doing.

I have EVGA SC2s. They can only do +50 on the clocks so they run out of clocks long before heat is an issue.

At +50 with the fans at 100% the most they will do is 2000mhz but the GPU has to stay below 54c.

With the default fan curve it runs at 1945mhz at 70c.

The difference between 2000mhz and 1945mhz is not enough to make a difference in games so they are in their stock configuration.

The get over 2000mhz is beyond air cooling with these cards so better fans will not help.

Here is how I test.  In GPU Z I am already hitting the 300 watt power limit on the card so I would also need a custom bios to get past that limit.

1080tiHeaven.thumb.jpg.8d1d7002329e30e4b0e2ed504ad7e834.jpg

Good luck with your upgrade.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

What case were you looking at and what are your current load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What case were you looking at and what are your current load temps?

currently using the NZXT H1, with the side panels on the GPU generally sits around 70c, the CPU around 60c (the case also gets very hot to the touch). i have dropped them 20c just by removing all the side panelsand fixing 2 exhaust fans to the rear. ordered the coolermaster NR-200P, got a few possibilities for part layout that i am considering.

9 minutes ago, SUPER_MOOSE93 said:

currently using the NZXT H1, with the side panels on the GPU generally sits around 70c, the CPU around 60c (the case also gets very hot to the touch). i have dropped them 20c just by removing all the side panelsand fixing 2 exhaust fans to the rear. ordered the coolermaster NR-200P, got a few possibilities for part layout that i am considering.

Are you just aiming to improve temps? If so, what for? 70c is pretty good for load temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

51 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are you just aiming to improve temps? If so, what for? 70c is pretty good for load temps. 

1 hour ago, SUPER_MOOSE93 said:

That's solved with better case airflow.