Are these fans any good for Rad ? NB-eLoop

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
7 hours ago, gh0st47 said:

Hmm actually strictly for aesthetic purpose. I'm planning on getting some of these NB-eLoop as my Case Intake / Exhaust fans as well...they will be able to work as Case Fans too right ? 

But how do you tell that these fans are meant for Push only ( for Rad / Tower cooling ) ? Is it because the fan design ? 
Also do you suggest that I use the Stock fans for the Arctic LFII 360mm ? 

Yep, they work as case fans as well. 

The fan can be substantially noisier and the blades are raised and can scrape the rad when mounted in pull. If this can be avoided, they can still perform very well in push / pull. A 120mm rubber grommet may work to space the fan away without introducing too much of a gap between the fan and rad.

If it works aesthetically, you could use the NB-eLoops in push with the stock P12's in pull. 

I'm planning on using the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm, I'm thinking of replacing the fans with these fans instead. 

Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-P 

Are they  good enough for Radiator thick as the Arctic LFIII ?? 
They are also about 2000 RPM max...on paper I think it's the same spec as Arctic's P12 fans which comes with the cooler. 
Here are the spec sheets.

NB eLoop 
https://www.performance-pcs.com/productpdf/download/file/id/10909/name/Noiseblocker_NB-eLoop_B12-P_120mm_x_25mm_Ultra_Silent_Bionic_Blade_PWM_Fan_-_800-2000_RPM.pdf/ 

Arctic P12
https://www.arctic.ac/en/P12/ACFAN00118A

Both have similar rated Static Pressure as well...
Also I planning on daisy chaining 3 of these NB-eLoop fans. it should be fine right ? Will the Ampere be too high ?? 

Yes, they're excellent fans if you're aiming for low noise. Keep in mind that they're designed to be used in push.

They don't draw that much power and daisy-chaining them should be fine.

Why are you planning to replace the stock fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

15 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why are you planning to replace the stock fans?

Hmm actually strictly for aesthetic purpose. I'm planning on getting some of these NB-eLoop as my Case Intake / Exhaust fans as well...they will be able to work as Case Fans too right ? 

But how do you tell that these fans are meant for Push only ( for Rad / Tower cooling ) ? Is it because the fan design ? 

7 hours ago, gh0st47 said:

The fan can be substantially noisier and the blades are raised and can scrape the rad when mounted in pull. If this can be avoided, they can still perform very well in push / pull. A 120mm rubber grommet may work to space the fan away without introducing too much of a gap between the fan and rad.

If it works aesthetically, you could use the NB-eLoops in push with the stock P12's in pull. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

I was actually planning on using as Push only even with the NB eLoop fans. But I guess you're right I could use the P12 as Pull. 
But the Rad itself is already quite thick...I may just be setting it up as Push. Also I'm only running on a 5900X ( that's my planned CPU to get ), I won't be doing any OC either. 

My original worry is that these fans may not be good for Rad / Heatsink cooling or maybe it's not good to replace the P12 fans as you asked why I planned to replace them it gave me the assumption maybe using the P12 would be better. 

I actually did saw someone complaining about that only use these fans as Push and not Pull, he too complained about it producing an obnoxious loud noise lol...I guess it's the same reason as you mentioned. Thus why I asked if they will work as Case Fans as well lol...since I'm planning on have 3 of them on the Front as Intake. 

8 hours ago, gh0st47 said:

I actually did saw someone complaining about that only use these fans as Push and not Pull, he too complained about it producing an obnoxious loud noise lol...I guess it's the same reason as you mentioned. Thus why I asked if they will work as Case Fans as well lol...since I'm planning on have 3 of them on the Front as Intake. 

It should be fine as long as the front panel isn't too close to the front of the fans. 

On 11/27/2020 at 5:24 AM, WoodenMarker said:

It should be fine as long as the front panel isn't too close to the front of the fans. 

Sorry for super late reply lol. I still haven't actually decided on the case I'm getting. 
I'm eying for the Fractal Design Meshify 2 ( Basically R7 but Mesh ). Boring as it is, but I think it's the most functional casing and with best features. 
Load of drive spaces, ton of room for huge rads too. 
Also comes with a Fan Hub.....and of course great Airflow ! 

But sadly I'm not from the US, kinda suck living here because there are ton of things are always aren't available in my country. 
My other options could be Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL or Phanteks P500A ( which is currently also out of stock, the P500A ).