Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrade help for a Noob

Hi there

Hoping I can find some help. I have an Asus Rog Strix 1080 GPU and have the opportunity to trade it for an MSI 2080 Super gaming X trio plus $250 cash.

Will this be a fair and decent upgrade or should I spend a bit more on a 2080 Ti or 3070?

I dont have to have the latest stuff, Im just looking for a decent performance upgrade. I also dont mind keeping the 1080, this opportunity came up so I was wondering if it is a good deal?

Link to post
Share on other sites

what resolution are you playing it at? if you have 1080p monitor then its not worth it imo if you have 1440p 144hz screen then you will get around 30% more frames with rtx 2080

I would wait for 3070 or 3080 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Subz said:

Hi there

Hoping I can find some help. I have an Asus Rog Strix 1080 GPU and have the opportunity to trade it for an MSI 2080 Super gaming X trio plus $250 cash.

Will this be a fair and decent upgrade or should I spend a bit more on a 2080 Ti or 3070?

I dont have to have the latest stuff, Im just looking for a decent performance upgrade. I also dont mind keeping the 1080, this opportunity came up so I was wondering if it is a good deal?

wow that is a dumb deal, get it unless you can sell the 1080 and get a 3070 or 6800. or get the 2080 super, sell it and buy a 6900 xt, that is the best soloution

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites

wait does he give you cash or you, you misprased it I think

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

what resolution are you playing it at? if you have 1080p monitor then its not worth it imo if you have 1440p 144hz screen then you will get around 30% more frames with rtx 2080

I would wait for 3070 or 3080 

Thanks man, I play on a 1440p monitor

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

wait does he give you cash or you, you misprased it I think

Apologies, I have to give him my 1080 plus $250 for his 2080 Super

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Subz said:

Apologies, I have to give him my 1080 plus $250 for his 2080 Super

yeah I dont think is worth it I would do max 1080 plus 100$. 20 series card dropped so much in value and will drop more when availability of 30 series improves 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Subz said:

Apologies, I have to give him my 1080 plus $250 for his 2080 Super

oh, ok, yeah that is a bad deal, sell the 1080 when the 3000 availability is better and get a 3070/6800

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

wow that is a dumb deal, get it unless you can sell the 1080 and get a 3070 or 6800. or get the 2080 super, sell it and buy a 6900 xt, that is the best soloution

6900xt is a good option if you don't stream and aren't using rtx broadcast or don't like DLSS in games which got so good recently on nvidia cards

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LpoolTech said:

yeah I dont think is worth it I would do max 1080 plus 100$. 20 series card dropped so much in value and will drop more when availability of 30 series improves 

Thanks allot man, thought as much as well. I'll hold off maybe for a used 2080 ti and sell my 1080

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks allot guys, much appreciated. Definitely wont be going through with this deal

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×