Upgrade help for a Noob

Subz

Hi there

Hoping I can find some help. I have an Asus Rog Strix 1080 GPU and have the opportunity to trade it for an MSI 2080 Super gaming X trio plus $250 cash.

Will this be a fair and decent upgrade or should I spend a bit more on a 2080 Ti or 3070?

I dont have to have the latest stuff, Im just looking for a decent performance upgrade. I also dont mind keeping the 1080, this opportunity came up so I was wondering if it is a good deal?

so you'd get roughly 25% more performance for $250. it's  up to you whether it's worth it or not. id say $250 is a bit much, I'd try to haggle down to $200

what resolution are you playing it at? if you have 1080p monitor then its not worth it imo if you have 1440p 144hz screen then you will get around 30% more frames with rtx 2080

I would wait for 3070 or 3080 

5 minutes ago, Subz said:

Hi there

Hoping I can find some help. I have an Asus Rog Strix 1080 GPU and have the opportunity to trade it for an MSI 2080 Super gaming X trio plus $250 cash.

Will this be a fair and decent upgrade or should I spend a bit more on a 2080 Ti or 3070?

I dont have to have the latest stuff, Im just looking for a decent performance upgrade. I also dont mind keeping the 1080, this opportunity came up so I was wondering if it is a good deal?

wow that is a dumb deal, get it unless you can sell the 1080 and get a 3070 or 6800. or get the 2080 super, sell it and buy a 6900 xt, that is the best soloution

wait does he give you cash or you, you misprased it I think

2 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

what resolution are you playing it at? if you have 1080p monitor then its not worth it imo if you have 1440p 144hz screen then you will get around 30% more frames with rtx 2080

I would wait for 3070 or 3080 

Thanks man, I play on a 1440p monitor

2 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

wait does he give you cash or you, you misprased it I think

Apologies, I have to give him my 1080 plus $250 for his 2080 Super

Just now, Subz said:

yeah I dont think is worth it I would do max 1080 plus 100$. 20 series card dropped so much in value and will drop more when availability of 30 series improves 

Just now, Subz said:

oh, ok, yeah that is a bad deal, sell the 1080 when the 3000 availability is better and get a 3070/6800

7 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

wow that is a dumb deal, get it unless you can sell the 1080 and get a 3070 or 6800. or get the 2080 super, sell it and buy a 6900 xt, that is the best soloution

6900xt is a good option if you don't stream and aren't using rtx broadcast or don't like DLSS in games which got so good recently on nvidia cards

1 minute ago, LpoolTech said:

yeah I dont think is worth it I would do max 1080 plus 100$. 20 series card dropped so much in value and will drop more when availability of 30 series improves 

Thanks allot man, thought as much as well. I'll hold off maybe for a used 2080 ti and sell my 1080

Thanks allot guys, much appreciated. Definitely wont be going through with this deal