Buying cpu from a different country than i live in i7 7700k

w33dhit

Hello !

Idunno if this post has its place in this thread, but i try. I want to buy a i7 7700k , for my second pc wich i will run windows 7 on. My question is, i live in Norway, if i buy a cpu from say usa, or yeah any other country will there be ANY difference in performance, overclocking, watt usage or anything else ? Is it safe to do so ? There are currently no one in my country selling it and if they do someone buyes it immidietly...聽

Thanks for answers ! 馃槉

14 minutes ago, w33dhit said:

Hello !

Idunno if this post has its place in this thread, but i try. I want to buy a i7 7700k , for my second pc wich i will run windows 7 on. My question is, i live in Norway, if i buy a cpu from say usa, or yeah any other country will there be ANY difference in performance, overclocking, watt usage or anything else ? Is it safe to do so ? There are currently no one in my country selling it and if they do someone buyes it immidietly...聽

Thanks for answers ! 馃槉

shouldn't be any difference, they are all made in china anyway.

Shipping and import taxes will be high. I did a quick search, found 2 7700k with systemboard and ram, e few 7700 and several 6700k on finn.no

Hei! 馃槢

Nah no difference unless it's some kind of Wish.com rip off with a fake CPU or something. It should be the same.

Assuming you buy the real deal and not some too-good-to-be-true eBay scam there are no problems running it. Just take into account shipping, import tax and all the possible hassles of returns (more like no returns because it's not worth the effort) and it might not make much sense to buy something like a processor聽from abroad.

Thanks guys, naw will not buy any ripoff, any suggested sites where to buy it legit ? Or a used one wich maye not be a ripoff lol.

Thanks again guyz !!

5 hours ago, w33dhit said:

Thanks guys, naw will not buy any ripoff, any suggested sites where to buy it legit ? Or a used one wich maye not be a ripoff lol.

Thanks again guyz !!

In my experience you wont save much if at all buying a CPU or computer parts in general from abroad. Technology things are cheap here in Norway, if you look away from VAT (mva) and that you have to pay anyway even if you order online so I don't see the point? Well I know many Ebay items ship聽to Norway but it will take a while etc.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-Model-Computer-Processors-CPUs/164/bn_99645614

What I mean, you can lets say get this:聽https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=197271250

It is motherboard, RAM and the CPU for 3500,-

Or you can get this from abroad:聽https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-7700-K-Processor-CPU-4-2GHz-LGA1151-FULLY-TESTED/303775710481?hash=item46ba717d11:g:7qMAAOSwbVVftU3y&shqty=1&isGTR=1#shId

Only CPU (is also used) and it costs you 3870,-

Even if you don't need or want the mobo+RAM you can sell it and even if you didn't you still saved almost 400 kroner...