3080 Strix vs EVGA Ftw3 Ultra

Coombzy

I'm currently in the queue for a 3080 Strix non OC, it however seems they're virtually non existant and this is almost 4 months later... as you can tell I've stuck it out this long but the deliveries seem only to be OC models or no Strix at all. There is a local listing for an EVGA card, I'd have to pay extra but I'd get it next week, should I wait out the queue for the card I wanted or pay the £150 extra once the refund comes in and grab the EVGA? I'd lose my free game but I'm pretty sure by the time I get it it'll be expired anyway. Tough decision for me, I really wanted the Strix, I'm under 60 in the queue right now FYI. 

150 quid over what you were already paying for the Strix? Ouch.

Especially considering the fact that the FTW3 actually has a worse PCB than the Strix, I personally wouldn't take it, but that's just me. 

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

150 quid over what you were already paying for the Strix? Ouch.

Especially considering the fact that the FTW3 actually has a worse PCB than the Strix, I personally wouldn't take it, but that's just me. 

They aren't shipping Strix non OC to any retailers though, Scan who I've pre-ordered with have received 5 non OC to date, Asus then had to apologise but internally said to retailers "we prioritise OC models" that to me is ridiculous as no other manufacturer seems to be doing that. The next shipment is Strix OC and TUF Gaming, after almost 4 months they've received 5 cards...