Hey, i need help with installing arch linux

Go to solution Solved by yoge67855,

I did it using 

41 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yeah, I found a guide from Foss with 7 essential tweaks to make on a base Arch install, Pamac is one of them. I also intend to check out Conky & Stacer and do some customisation as well.

Thanks, I'll check that out today. The official Arch Wiki suggested Mesa-Git which is why I went with it. I do some video editing occasionally (Kdenlive looks great BTW), not sure if OpenCL is needed for GPU rendering or not?

Steam was going to be the last thing I tackle, I'll be sure to check out your thread when I get to it :)

Yea, I had added it around Dec 2019 when Navi was still new and it ended up just staying as part of the WiKi.

Since Mesa-TKG is a third party build that goes against KISS I have never listed it and none of the other Wiki contributors have either.

Mesa Git shouldn't really be necessary anymore unless you have a newly released AMD GPU, the newer Navi cards should be supported with the regular Mesa Builds. TKG just keeps up with additional patches and builds against more upstream while maintaining compatibility with the standard repositories.

Mesa-Git builds against upstream Master, so you inherit all the game breaking bugs when they do occur.

image.thumb.png.11bcf1d7faa506e218e2e8d54f1e1faa.png

I am really not sure if OpenCL is useful for kdenlive, I just know Blender uses it.

I do have one more piece of advice, you might look at all-repository-fonts. It can be useful when browsing the web or viewing other languages, it will flood your font selection however.