Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

is it my ssd or corrupt windows?

so today after a long time i experienced this soft freezing kind of thing, my song in wmp stopped playing and i couldn't open file explorer then i tried to restart pc but that also got stuck and i had to hit the physical restart button on my case, now it's all fine and my all 3 drives are showing up in windows.

I had this issue a few times couple of months back and by this point i almost forgot about it but here we are at it again, so when windows booted after restart. I got this weird error, might indicate towards some corruption in windows

No description available.

PC Specs : Intel Core i5 7500 | Zotac GTX 750 Ti | MSI H110M PRO-VD | Hynix 16GB 2666MHz | 120GB Crucial BX500 | 1+2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | Circle 500W APFC PSU | Chiptronex C100 | 2x 120mm Case Fans (Chiptronex and Deepcool XFAN for Rear and Side Panel)

Peripherals : HP 22es 1080p IPS Monitor | Redragon M609 RGB Gaming Mouse | TVS EGold Bharat Mechanical Keyboard | Redgear Pro Wired Game Controller | F&D A110 2.1 Stereo Speakers | Dell 1TB Ext. HDD

TV : Sanyo 32" 1366x768 HD Ready TV (XT-32S7000H)

Phone : Realme C3 (4GB LPDDR4X RAM / 64 GB eMMC 5.1 ROM with Helio G70 CPU and Mali G52-MC2 GPU and additional 64GB Sandisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-2 SD Card)

It could be because system32 doesn't exist in the Windows folder. System32 does. Whatever is trying to launch there is looking for the wrong directory. regsvr32 doesn't seem to be a key program, from what I've seen it's a

command-line utility in Microsoft Windows and ReactOS for registering and unregistering DLLs and ActiveX controls in the operating system Registry

So there could be a program trying to launch with certain parameters that's trying to modify a DLL for some reason.

image.png.5afdc2c2c70a6df0eaf6acdcf8b867e3.png

Maybe try on command line (with administrative privileges)

sfc /scannow

Might or might not help.

... but I'm no expert