Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dell Optiplex 9010 SFF Case Swap

NOTE: Please if your gonna say it’s impossible don’t respond.

I have this optiplex 9010 I’m gonna make a YouTube video about it but I gotta ma issue I’ve done tons of research and some say it’s possible some say it’s not and I know it probably is hard but possible I want to upgrade PSU and gpu doesn’t matter to what the point is getting this optiplex to a gaming cheap case I need suggestion to what type and what are the best matches and cables or adapters I might need I know it might blow budget but I want to help other people who go through the same problem out so please if any suggestion that you think it’s possible let me know If you know a case that it might fit on let me know most of it is for airflow the PSU upgrade and gpu thanks hopefully some of you can help me with this project note that I ain’t giving up even if it blows budget I know there’s gotta be a way to do it. 

BAEF90E3-F064-47F1-8AAB-169A4FDE2985.jpeg

1C5A024F-6045-4E82-BB24-9806FCC8F0F5.jpeg

925E55D7-6485-4F0C-B728-2795A68C0879.jpeg

5B476EE8-35FC-4B39-8CB3-2B8E011AC2C0.webp

2 minutes ago, JonaCervel said:

NOTE: Please if your gonna say it’s impossible don’t respond.

I have this optiplex 9010 I’m gonna make a YouTube video about it but I gotta ma issue I’ve done tons of research and some say it’s possible some say it’s not and I know it probably is hard but possible I want to upgrade PSU and gpu doesn’t matter to what the point is getting this optiplex to a gaming cheap case I need suggestion to what type and what are the best matches and cables or adapters I might need I know it might blow budget but I want to help other people who go through the same problem out so please if any suggestion that you think it’s possible let me know If you know a case that it might fit on let me know most of it is for airflow the PSU upgrade and gpu thanks hopefully some of you can help me with this project note that I ain’t giving up even if it blows budget I know there’s gotta be a way to do it. 

BAEF90E3-F064-47F1-8AAB-169A4FDE2985.jpeg

1C5A024F-6045-4E82-BB24-9806FCC8F0F5.jpeg

925E55D7-6485-4F0C-B728-2795A68C0879.jpeg

5B476EE8-35FC-4B39-8CB3-2B8E011AC2C0.webp 12.25 kB · 1 download

sorry but I have to, the thing uses proprietary connections, so only a psu from dell will work, so not possible unless you get a million chinese adapters on aliexpress perhaps

"I know a lot about a little, but a little about a lot"

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

I am not the best technician, so don't make fun

Just now, Ankh Tech said:

sorry but I have to, the thing uses proprietary connections, so only a psu from dell will work, so not possible unless you get a million chinese adapters on aliexpress perhaps

I do know that like I said there’s gotta be adapters or something to make it work just I need ideas or suggestions 

4 minutes ago, JonaCervel said:

I do know that like I said there’s gotta be adapters or something to make it work just I need ideas or suggestions 

actually, just checked the manual, everything uses normal layouts, pcie x16, 24pin atx, fan connectors, here is the manual with all the ports and hat they do, check page 8:

https://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/optix/en/optiplex_9010_technical_guidebook.pdf

hope that helps

Note that I am a student so what I say is based on what I read, and may not be the case for everyone.

5 hours ago, JonaCervel said:

Think it will fit in a normal ATX case?

well, the odds are,it uses its own standoffs, so probably not, and the psu is also a custom form factor, so remove any standoffs if possible, before putting it in

1 hour ago, Ankh Tech said:

well, the odds are,it uses its own standoffs, so probably not, and the psu is also a custom form factor, so remove any standoffs if possible, before putting it in

Well any case suggestions?

2 minutes ago, JonaCervel said:

Well any case suggestions?

any case would work honestly, and would be a great upgrade, the 465x perhaps, do you want rgb, if not the 4000d airflow

27 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

any case would work honestly, and would be a great upgrade, the 465x perhaps, do you want rgb, if not the 4000d airflow ok thanks don’t really care about Rgb

30 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

any case would work honestly, and would be a great upgrade, the 465x perhaps, do you want rgb, if not the 4000d airflow

Thanks for sticking with me