I can't enable more than 7 displays

Invincible Sugar

Hi! I am currently testing with an HP Spectre Folio 13 in this setup, although I plan to use a different laptop coming next week.

I have a 12 monitor setup at my desk, with 2 eGPUs plugged in to this laptop. Both work as expected. I also know my screens all work, I have tested them as well. But I can not enable more than 7 total screens at a time. This appears to be an issue with Windows or the laptop, but I don't know how to fix it.

This is what I see under display settings:

image.png.6eb7b6f2a372b0f3d4ed5ffc69936c1b.png

Clearly the laptop can see these other monitors. When I click on one they show as disabled:

image.png.058a154e44d362d7256fbef98b1516dc.png

And when I select "extend desktop" I get this error:

image.png.30fb4d425f83711b54a1795109ecef07.png

I know my current thunderbolt 3 setup is strange but I don't think it's the issue here. I have run into this same issue before on two other PCs, both custom built desktops, where Windows just wasn't happy with more than 7 displays. Googling it though, I can't find a good answer. What do I need to do to fix this? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, MrJrCookie said:

Can i ask why you are dong this?

I need to monitor a lot of things at once.

Just now, MrJrCookie said:

What gpus are you running?

I have 2 VisionTek Radeon 7750 GPUs, one in a AKiTiO Node and one in a AKiTiO Node Pro.

6 hours ago, Invincible Sugar said:

I have 2 VisionTek Radeon 7750 GPUs, one in a AKiTiO Node and one in a AKiTiO Node Pro.

What monitors aren't working? Like which egpu are they plugged into. And what monitors/adapters are you using?

1 hour ago, MrJrCookie said:

What monitors aren't working? Like which egpu are they plugged into. And what monitors/adapters are you using?

The laptop's display is working, and the one screen plugged into the dock (iGPU powered) is working. 5 of the 6 screens plugged into the Node are working, and one is not, and all screens on the Node Pro aren't working. I think this is a problem with resources or something, but I don't know how to fix it.

54 minutes ago, Invincible Sugar said:

The laptop's display is working, and the one screen plugged into the dock (iGPU powered) is working. 5 of the 6 screens plugged into the Node are working, and one is not, and all screens on the Node Pro aren't working. I think this is a problem with resources or something, but I don't know how to fix it.

Have you tried just plugging in one of the eGPUs, like start with just the Node, and then just the Node Pro.