one of the thing on my graphic card sparked and make this hole (in image) is there a way to fix it ? (also out of warranty)

Steven Nguyen

this occur last year (and i had an another one ) but i was busy and just forgot about it 
 it's an MSI RX570 4G

image0.jpg

42 minutes ago, Steven Nguyen said:

one of the thing on my graphic card sparked and make this hole (in image) is there a way to fix it ? (also out of warranty)

It's a capacitor and yes, it is possible to replace it. You just need to find someone with the tools to work on SMD-components.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

22 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

It's a capacitor and yes, it is possible to replace it. You just need to find someone with the tools to work on SMD-components.

and someone who can figure out what value that capacitor had..

but yeah, it's a relatively easy fix.

on that note, it's possible that the card will run without that cap being there at all.

20 minutes ago, manikyath said:

and someone who can figure out what value that capacitor had..

Sure, if one wanted to be perfectionist about it, but most of the time getting the exact value right is not that important; just find a cap of similar size nearby, check its value and more-or-less match it -- typically works fine. Manufacturers tend to buy specific values in fricking enormous quantities instead of buying every possible value, so a capacitor of the same size is also often the same value.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.