1440p monitor for ps5 and computer

Carz728

I'm looking to get a new monitor for my computer and ps5. I've been looking at the Samsung odyssey g5 which is 100 dollars off right now but 1440p. I know ps5 can't accept native 1440p support but it will downscale to 1080p right. Just not sure if its worth upgrading from my 1080p 60fps monitor. I say I play console and pc an even amount. Anyone know how ps5 would look downscaled?

There was a thread about a “smart” monitor that got heavily panned, largely because who the heck could possibly use one (I am also deeply suspicious of any “smart” device but it’s possible that’s just fogyism). You might be one of the edge cases that could use it.  I dunno though.  No promises.  Might be worth a look though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm also looking for a monitor for PS5/Xbox Series X, but the one thing most monitors lack is HDMI 2.1.
I just don't know how much of the HDMI 2.1 spec/console features I would lose if going with a monitor that's only HDMI 2.0.
Basically you want something that is VRR(Variable Refresh Rate), which is important and ALLM(Auto Low Latency Mode), these two together really make the new console shine.
Plus through in HDR support for good measure.

I'm thinking that such monitors might be hard to come by.

The above mentioned LG Ultragear is indeed speced well, I'm  just not sure it really makes use of all the PS5/Xbox Series X features, and as consoles last roughly 5 years, I don't really want to buy the wrong monitor.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER