Dual Monitor Video Editing/Gaming PC

z1nonly

1. Budget & Location: Currently around $1k USD. I might have some more cash post-holiday season. I have access to Microcenter, Fry's, Best Buy, etc.

2. Aim: 1080p @ 60Hz gaming + video editing. Mainly games like Minecraft, GTA V, hopefully Cyberpunk. Video editing mostly in Premiere and After Effects. I'm hoping that the mid-range parts can handle some gaming + video editing.

3. Monitors: 2x 1080p @ 60 Hz. HP EliteDisplay e231i and Samsung SyncMaster2233. The SyncMaster only has DVI-D and VGA, though.

4. Peripherals: I should have a copy of Windows. I would like peripheral recommendations, but they won't factor into the budget. What are the best mechanical full-size keyboards and mice on the market right now? I know Corsair has good bundles and so does SteelSeries (I think).

5. Why are you upgrading? My current system is starting to show it's age (i5-4460/GTX950) and I'm ready to upgrade to avoid increasingly long boot and loading times.

I have some parts lists sussed out already, but wanted to see if there is anything major that I'm missing in terms of performance, reliability, compatibility, etc. Wi-Fi is not a requirement but would be nice.

Potential 2 (most recent): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/z1nonly/saved/RLP4sY

Potential 1 (created ~3 months ago): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/z1nonly/saved/NhxfvK

Thanks for the help!

holy dam fucking shit, u got my current samsung moniter i got new from my grandparents basement, the 1050 pixels yes sure ill help.

1.if u have a 1k budget, easy, how hard the edits gonna be though, like 4k, 1440p, 1080p edits or what

2.if you want a value cpu, ryzen 7 3700x, for editing, is a great deal. i thin that is essential, the 8 ores can help, but do not listen to only me please im sure someone will say "RyZeN 7 Is NoT nEeDeD" or something, so dont jump.

3. always remeber that things like black friday, ebay, and micro center discounts exist, so dont take evreything from pcpartpicker

4.mobo should be decent, pci-e, m2 nvme, ram slots, good bios, alot of ports, etc. you can choose what you need for your editing, but many optical audio ports and fast usb can be useful

5.gpu, 5700 xt is great idea, you can get alot cheap deals online(black friday and crap), but no rtx support, but even a 5600 xt should handle dual monitors, one 1080p @60hz and another 1050p @60hz

i hope i can help, if anyone else responds, ill try to add on to this